A polar bear is a big white bear which is found in arctic region of the earth. It is also considered as marine mammal because most of the time it spends in the sea and comes on ice or land to get fresh air and food. The size of a polar bear is large in comparison to the normal bear of the jungle but polar bears are not aggressive as the normal bears are. Generally, polar bear is of calm nature and avoid fighting with other animals. Unlike the normal bears polar bears does not claim any area as their own territory.
Polar bears live alone, during birth the bear cub lives with its mother for two and half years. The skin of a polar bear is black but the fur is white, due to this they are visible in day but seem invisible at night.
Ten Lines on Polar Bear in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on polar bear in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. After reading these lines you will get to know that what is a polar bear, what are the other names of polar bear, what is the size of a polar bear compared to a normal bear, how the paws of polar bear helps it, how many teeth a polar bear has, what a polar bear eats, from how much distance polar bear knows of its prey etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will also enhance your knowledge on this arctic animal and the information can be used in putting on your notice board under the topic ‘Facts about Polar Bear’ and also in writing essay on polar bear.
10 Lines on Polar Bear
1) A polar bear is a marine mammal.
2) It is also called as “White Bear” or “Northern Bear”.
3) The size of a polar bear is larger than a normal bear.
4) A polar bear has black skin with white fur on it.
5) The ears of polar bear are small and round.
6) Big paws of polar bear help it to walk on ice and swim in the sea.
7) A polar bear has 42 teeth in his mouth.
8) A polar bear is a carnivorous animal which eats flesh.
9) Polar bears hunt on the ice as well as in the sea for food.
10) Polar bear can detect its prey from 1.6 km away.
10 Lines and Sentences on Polar Bear
1) There is an estimate that 20000 polar bears are living in Arctic Circle.
2) The countries where polar bear lives are America, Canada, Russia, Denmark and Norway.
3) A female polar bear give birth to its offspring which is called as a “Cub”.
4) Generally, female polar bear gives birth to 1 to 4 cubs.
5) The average life of a polar bear is 20 to 30 years, but when they are kept in zoo, they live up to 45 years.
6) The height of a male polar bear is 8 to 10 feet; female bears are half of the male polar bear’s size.
7) The weight of a polar bear is equal to 10 men.
8) Polar bear can run with the speed of 40 km per hour on land and 10 km per hour in water.
9) Unlike normal bears a polar bear is calm in nature and avoid fighting with humans.
10) Due to excessive hunting and changes in climatic conditions, the population of polar bear is decreasing rapidly.
5 Lines on Rhinoceros
1) Rhinoceros is a wild animal.
2) They have a heavy body.
3) They have one or two horns.
4) They eat grass and plants.
5) Rhinoceros are endangered animals.
20 Lines on Rhinoceros
1) The polar bear popularly known as the ice bear is the largest species of bear on earth.
2) It inhabits the Arctic region of the earth.
3) Polar bear spends a major part of its life in sea ice.
4) There are 19 subspecies of polar bears found on this earth.
5) Polar is a purely carnivorous mammal and feeds on different species of seals.
6) The gestation period in female polar bears is of 195-270 days.
7) The offspring of a polar bear are called cubs.
8) The female polar bear gives birth to one to four cubs at a time.
9) The mother polar nourishes its cub till they attain the age of two years.
10) The polar bear has a lifespan of 25-30 years.
11) The polar bear is an ecologically important animal and belongs to Family Ursidae.
12) A polar bear has good swimming skills and can swim at a speed of 10km/hr.
13) The male polar bear can easily be distinguished from females as they have a larger body size.
14) The body features of a polar bear help it in surviving in extremely cold conditions.
15) Polar bear spends its maximum time in foraging for food.
16) They prefer to live and hunt alone rather than living in a group.
17) Polar bears are often observed playing with each other that represents their friendly behavior.
18) It has excellent smelling capability while vision and hearing ability is normal.
19) The body hairs of polar bears appear white colored due to the reflection of light but in actual they are transparent.
20) The climatic changes and hunting are the major causes of the decline in the population of polar bears.
Climate change has adversely affected the habitat of polar bears. Excessive and regular hunting also have made their population low in number. As a result, the ecosystem of the icy region has been highly affected. Several agencies have put on serious efforts to save polar bears. Due to their constant efforts, the government of those countries has started taking some steps in order to protect, conserve and reproduce them. The polar bear was also the mascot of the Winter Olympics 1988 in Calgary, Canada.