Patriotism is an act of courage, for the protection of one’s country and preserving its values even at the cost of sacrificing one’s life. Patriotism is always marked with pride and valor in sacrificing self for the nation. It is the feeling and a sense of responsibility towards the betterment of the country and a desire to help the nation develop and succeed on all the fronts. Undergoing own responsibility and duties without any desire or want from the nation and being loyal to the country also depicts the sense of patriotism.
Ten Lines on Patriotism in English
I have provided here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Patriotism for my dear children and students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Just go through these lines to find the best one for you:
10 Lines on Patriotism
1) Patriotism is an act of courage and sacrifice for one’s own country.
2) It is marked with silent or sometimes violent protests.
3) Individual act of courage by anyone having great love and respect for the country.
4) India had a long history of patriotism against the foreign invaders, even before the British Empire.
5) The seeds of patriotism under British Empire in India were sown from the “Great Revolt of 1857”.
6) Many political and social causes contributed to the growth of Patriotism in India.
7) Death of Lala Lajpat Rai was the turning point, which gave birth to new breed of patriotic freedom fighters in India.
8) The HSRA (Hindustan Socialist Republican Army) formed by Chandra Sekhar Azad, played a pivotal role in spreading Indian patriotism and keeping it alive.
9) The martyrdom of our freedom fighters inspired millions to take the path of patriotism and Independence.
10) Some of the patriotic names instrumental in India’s freedom struggle are Bhagat Singh, Chandra Sekhar Azad, Sukhdev Thappar, and Shivaram Rajguru. The list is longer.
10 Lines and Sentences on Patriotism
1) Patriotism is a feeling to fight and sacrifice own life for the pride of our nation.
2) Patriotism does not always means to sacrifice our life but it means to live for the country.
3) It is not only displayed by the soldiers fighting on the borders but it is the feeling to make our country best in the world by whatever one can do for the nation.
4) Patriotism is the love and devotion towards our country in every situation.
5) It was the patriotism of our freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives to get the independence.
6) The soldiers fighting on the border and protecting our country display a great form of patriotism.
7) Patriotism should not only be showcased on Republic day, Independence Day or in India Pakistan match it must be showcased in everyday life.
8) Keeping our city clean, helping the needy one is also a form of patriotism.
9) Becoming a volunteer and helping our citizens at the time of natural calamities is also patriotism.
10) Patriotism is the pride of saying that I am an Indian and devoting oneself to make the nation proud.
10 Sentences on Patriotism
1) Patriotism means loyalty of a person for his own nation or for the leaders of the nation.
2) In patriotism many people dedicate their life to serve their nation.
3) Many people think that patriotism is all about sacrificing the life for their country.
4) But the real sense of patriotism is living for the betterment of your country.
5) In the past many people had spent their life for the betterment of the country.
6) A person who follows patriotism is called a patriot; a patriot always supports his nation.
7) Feeling of patriotism brings people closer and inspires them to act together.
8) Those who are true patriots work towards nation building in whichever form they can.
9) Now a day’s youth do not understand the importance of patriotism which must be explained to them.
10) Elder people, schools, colleges and institutions must come forward to make youth understand about patriotism.
5 Lines on Patriotism
1) Patriotism is the love and devotion for the country.
2) Patriotism can be represented in many ways.
3) Patriotism is the root of a strong country.
4) It helps to maintain peace and harmony in the nation.
5) A patriotic person is always ready to sacrifice for the country.
20 Lines on Patriotism
1) Patriotism is an unconditional love and a feeling of respect by an individual towards his nation.
2) A patriot doesn’t think that what his nation has given to him, he will think that what he has given to the nation.
3) In British India many people came together with the spirit of patriotism along with their fellow countrymen.
4) People of India along with the freedom fighters fought patriotically to achieve one goal i.e. India must become independent.
5) The suppressive policies of Britishers fuelled a sense of patriotism in Indians.
6) Patriotism towards motherland was the driving force behind our freedom struggle.
7) Patriotic songs are sung and speeches filled with national pride are delivered which surround the nation with patriotism.
8) The ways to express patriotism are many- singing national song, commemorating freedom fighters etc.
9) The seeds of patriotism must be sown in the hearts of youth who are forgetting the patriotic values and importance of independence.
10) Schools, colleges must organize regular events on patriotism, text books must include India’s freedom struggle and stories of freedom fighters.
11) Patriotism refers to individual’s love and loyalty for its nation.
12) Patriotism is to work towards the development of nation and serving it selflessly in all possible way.
13) The sense of patriotism binds people together and brings honour and respect towards nation.
14) Patriotism helps in maintaining peace and harmony in the society as it promotes brotherhood among citizens.
15) Patriotism might reduce the level of corruption in the country as a patriot would always work selflessly for the nation.
16) Patriots achieve common goals and objectives of the society through feeling of patriotism and brotherhood.
17) Patriotism inspires and motivates youth to defend the nation against any adversities within or outside the country.
18) Patriotism guides people to have a deep respect towards nation’s history, culture and heritage.
19) It helps in philanthropic acts in society like serving fellow citizens and volunteering for charitable work.
20) Patriotism strengthens the voice of youths against the unlawful acts like dishonesty, exploitation of weaker section of society and corruption.
Patriotism is very sacred feeling for the nation from our side. We love and respect our nation and in fact we consider our nation as our motherland. There are some moments when we raise the slogans like “Bharat Mata Ki Jai” or “Vande Mataram” these slogans come from the core of our heart. Now a day some infringe elements, which are trying to divide the society as well as the nation, are doing anti national works and raising slogans against the country.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Patriotism
Ans. Patriotism plays an important role in our lives by providing us with a sense of pride, identity and purpose. It helps to create a sense of belonging and loyalty to our country, as well as to the people who live there.
Ans. A good patriot is someone who loves and serves their country with a sense of loyalty and dedication. They are respectful of their nation’s laws and traditions, and respect the rights and beliefs of others.
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi, Dadabhai Naoroji, Jawaharlal Nehru, Bhagat Singh, etc are some of the famous patriots in India.
Ans. Surendranath Banerjee is entitled as the father of Indian Nationalism.
Ans. Patriotism is the feeling of love, loyalty and devotion to one’s country. It is the sentiment of pride in one’s nation and the desire to promote its well-being and protect its interests.