Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam also called A. P. J. Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India. He was a great scientist and played a vital role in many ambitious projects, earning him the title of “Missile Man of India”. He was a man of simple living and higher thinking. He was keen on encouraging students to take actively participation in science and technology. He was a great writer and poet. He had authored many books mostly in the field of science, technology, and inspiration. His Ideologies and thoughts are the guiding force for the younger generations.
Ten Lines on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in English
I have provided here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, a few lines, and sentences on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam for my dear children and students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Just go through these lines to find the best one for you:
10 Lines on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
1) He had born on 15 October 1931.
2) Kalam had sold newspapers to supplement his family’s income.
3) He accomplished Aeronautical Engineering from Madras Institute of Technology in 1960.
4) His childhood dream was of becoming a fighter pilot.
5) He joined the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) as a scientist after graduation.
6) He joined the Indian Space research Organization (ISRO) in 1969.
7) Kalam Sir served as the Project Director of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle III (PSLV III).
8) His dexterity in space science made him popular as the ‘Missile Man of India’.
9) He was the 11th President of the Republic of India.
10) He took his last breath on 27th July 2015.
10 Lines and Sentences on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
1) The complete name of Sir APJ Abdul Kalam is Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam.
2) He had born in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu.
3) He was a very hard-working student since his childhood.
4) He had done outstanding work on ballistic missile technology and launch vehicle systems.
5) He played a pivotal role in Pokhran II, India’s nuclear test at Pokhran in 1998.
6) He also played a key role in the development of the Agni missile system for Indian Defense.
7) He penned his autobiography named ‘Wings of Fire’ in the year 1999.
8) He became the President of India with the unanimous support of the ruling as well as of the opposition party.
9) He was the prestigious Bharat Ratna awardee in the year 1997.
10) A.P.J Abdul Kalam was famous as the People’s President.
5 Lines on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
2) He also served as the 11th president of India.
3) He was born on 15th October 1931.
4) Dr. Kalam has won so many awards in his life.
5) He is also known as the Missile Man of India.
20 Lines on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
1) Uttar Pradesh Government has renamed the technical university as APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
2) Mr. Kalam had spent nearly four decades of his life as a scientist and science administrator.
3) His father Jainulabdeen was an Imam of a local mosque and owned a boat.
4) During his childhood Kalam showed a keen interest in mathematics.
5) He narrowly missed becoming a fighter pilot as he stood 9th for eight vacancies in the Indian Air Force.
6) Dr. Kalam also worked with renowned space scientist Vikram Sarabhai.
7) Kalam developed a coronary stent with cardiologist Soma Raju, which was named “Kalam Raju stent”.
8) He won the 2002 Presidential elections with an electoral vote of 9, 22,884.
9) APJ Abdul Kalam swore as the 11th President of the Republic of India on 25th July 2002.
10) Mr. Kalam wrote many popular books based on the science and power of youth.
11) APJ Abdul Kalam remained a strict vegetarian throughout his life.
12) The thirst for knowledge was the driving force behind the success of Kalam.
13) As a child, Mr. Kalam used to study till late at night in kerosene light to make his dreams come true.
14) Despite being non-Hindu, he had memorized Bhagwat Gita by heart.
15) He served as the Scientific Adviser to the Government of India.
16) He got Bharat Ratna for his contribution to Indian defense technology.
17) In 2002, Kalam was 2nd in Outlook India’s poll on the greatest Indian after B.R. Ambedkar.
18) In his lifetime Kalam had received seven honorary doctorates from forty universities.
19) His birthday on 15th October is Youth Renaissance Day in Tamilnadu.
20) Several educational institutions and awards have used the name Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam to pay him respect.
He will remain an inspiration for the millions for ages to come. Abdul Kalam has proved to the world that the poorest of persons can reach the highest of Office by determination, hard work, and by holding onto moral values and ethics. He died due to cardiac arrest on 27th July 2015 delivering a lecture at IIM, Shillong.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Ans. Some famous books of Abdul Kalam are Wings of Fire, India 2020, Ignited Minds, Inspiring Thoughts, etc.
Ans. Dr. Kalam was awarded “Bharat Ratna” in 1997, Padma Bhushan in1981, Padma Vibhushan in 1990, and Von Braun award in 2013 for his huge contribution.
Ans. No, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was never married in his lifetime.
Ans. One of the most famous slogan of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam is – “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
Ans. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was awarded with Padma Bhushan in 1981.
Ans. The autobiography of Abdul Kalam is – Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
Ans. Kalam was awarded seven honorary doctorates by a total of forty universities.