Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam also called A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India, a great scientist and played a vital role in many ambitious projects, earning him the title of “Missile Man of India”. He was the man of simple living and higher thinking. He was keen in encouraging students to take active participation in science and technology. He was a great writer and poet.
He had authored many books mostly in the field of science, technology and inspirational. His Ideologies and thoughts are the guiding force for the younger generations.
Ten Lines on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in English
The great personality of APJ Abdul Kalam cannot be covered in few lines, however we have tried to summarize his life and achievements in the below given 10 lines. It will help you to understand the greatness of this man and you can also use these lines to prepare essay on him or deliver an inspirational speech on various occasions. Please go through the below lines to enhance your writing:
10 Lines on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam - 1
1) Born on 15th October 1931 in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu.
2) Sold newspapers to supplement his family’s income.
3) Graduated from Madras Institute of Technology in Aeronautical Engineering in 1960.
4) Couldn’t achieve his dream of becoming a fighter pilot.
5) Joined Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) as a scientist after graduation.
6) Transferred to Indian Space research Organization (ISRO) in 1969.
7) Served as the Project director of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle III (PSLV III).
8) Also known as the Missile man of India.
9) Elected as the 11th President of Republic of India on 18th July 2002.
10) Died on 27th July 2015, delivering a lecture at Indian Institute of Management, Shillong.
Additional set of 10 lines given below will amplify your knowledge and will help you to understand the greatness of APJ Abdul Kalam. You can use these points to deliver a speech on national festivals or on your school’s annual day and also to write an essay on him. Please go through the below lines and incorporate them in your writing:
10 Lines on A.P.J. Abdul Kalam - 2
1) Full name of Sri APJ Abdul Kalam is Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam.
2) He was born on 15th October 1931 in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu.
3) Began his career in DRDO as a scientist and later moved to ISRO.
4) He was known to be the ‘Missile Man of India’ for his outstanding work on the ballistic missile technology and launch vehicle systems.
5) Played a pivotal role in Pokhran II, India’s nuclear test at Pokhran in 1998.
6) He also played a key role in development of Agni missile system for Indian Defense.
7) Penned down his autobiography named ‘Wings of Fire’ in the year 1999.
8) Elected as the 11th President of India by the unanimous support of ruling as well as opposition party.
9) Awarded the prestigious Bharat Ratna award in the year 1997 for his outstanding work in the area of Aerospace and Defense Research & Development.
10) A.P.J Abdul Kalam was People’s President because he displayed high level of moral values and integrity even while holding the highest office in the Republic of India, as the President of India.
He will remain an inspiration for millions for ages to come. Abdul Kalam proved it to the world that the poorest of persons can reach to the highest of Office by determination, hard work and by holding onto the moral values and ethics. He died due to cardiac arrest on 27th July 2015 delivering a lecture at IIM, Shillong.