Mahatma Gandhi was the greatest leader of his times and was respected and followed by millions. He completely changed his attire wearing a simple loin cloth, which he thought would let him to connect to Indian poor. He took active part in Indian Independence Movement and lead India to the path of Independence through truth and righteousness.
Ten Lines on Mahatma Gandhi in English
We have given below 10 Lines providing an insight on the life and beliefs of Mahatma Gandhi. You can easily understand the greatness of this personality by these lines in a concise and compact way. These lines are simple, accurate and crisp which will help you to prepare an effective essay and inspiring speech on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti or any other national festivals celebrated in your schools colleges or offices. Go through them and incorporate them in your writing:
10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi - 1
1) Born on 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar, in Kathiawar agency, Gujarat.
2) Fourth son of Karamchand Uttanchand Gandhi (1822-1885) and Putlibai (1844-1841).
3) Gandhi aged 13 married Kasturbai Makhanji Kapadia then aged 14, in May 1883.
4) Gandhi had four sons- Hiralal (1888), Manilal (1892), Ramdas (1897) and Devdas (1900).
5) Graduated High School in November 1887 from Ahmadabad.
6) Left for London on 4th September 1888 to study Law from Inner Temple.
7) Left for Johannesburg, South Africa in 1893, after returning to India from London in 1891.
8) Effectively participated in civil Rights Movement in South Africa.
9) Took charge of Indian National Congress in 1921 and participated as a leader in Indian Independence Movement till Independence was achieved.
10) Shot by a Hindu Radical “Nathuram Godse” on 30th January 1948 for advocating monetary payment to Pakistan by Indian government.
An additional set of 10 lines on the topic has also been given below so that you can include more points in your essays, speeches or paragraph recitation in your class. These points are short and crisp so that you can easily use them in your writing. Go through the lines below and enhance your writing and earn accolades from your teachers:
10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi - 2
1) Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat in a Hindu family.
2) His father Karamchand Uttamchand Gandhi was Chief Minister (Diwan) of Porbandar.
3) Mahatma Gandhi was married to one year elder Kasturbai Makhanji Kapadia in May 1883.
4) On 4th September he left for London for higher studies.
5) He became civil right activist in South Africa from 1893 to 1914 fighting against color discrimination.
6) Returned to India in the year 1915 and joined Indian National Congress.
7) Started the first movement against British rule in 1917 at Champaran fighting for the rights of farmers growing Indigo; it was named as Champaran Satyagraha.
8) Launched non-cooperation movement on 01 August 1920 after the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
9) Started Salt March or Dandi March from 12th March 1930 to 06th April 1930; it was named as ‘Namak Satyagraha’
10) Died on 30th January 1930 following an attack by Nathuram Godse, a right wing advocate of Hindu Nationalism who believed that Mahatma Gandhi was ignoring the rights of Hindu and fulfilling political demands of Muslims during partition.
Mahatma Gandhi had shown the path to millions towards independence and self rule using policies of non violence and civil disobedience. He was the greatest freedom fighter who has proved to the world that the greatest of battles could be fought and won by applying peaceful methods. We all must take active participation in celebrating Gandhi Jayanti, commemorating the birth of India’s Greatest Leader and freedom fighter and must remember his teachings and beliefs.