Organ donation is a term used when a person donates his/her organs like kidney, liver, heart, cornea etc, becoming the donor to a recipient unknown to him, but in need of the donated organs. It is an act of selfless service and sometimes an act to save a loved one or a close friend from certain death by donating a part of one’s vital organs.
Ten Lines on Organ Donation in English
Following is the 10 lines on organ donation which will broaden your thinking on the topic. It will help you to know the importance of organ donation and how it can save one’s life. If you are planning to write an essay in a competition or going to deliver a speech then these lines will come handy for you. These lines will make your writing look more unique and help to earn appreciation from the audiences. Go through the below lines and enhance your writing:
10 Lines on Organ donation - 1
1) 13th of August is celebrated as Organ Donation Day which involves donation of human organs from donor to a recipient.
2) An act of selfless service to save the life of an unknown or known person.
3) Catching up as new trend with millions registering for Organ donation.
4) Indian cricketers like Gautam Gambhir, Vinod Kambli and Anil Kumble have pledged to donate their organs.
5) Anyone disregarding his/her age, caste, religion or ethnicity can donate Organ.
6) Requires immediate action by medical agencies for Organ extraction, upon the demise of donor.
7) Requires effective organ preservation methods till the transplant is successfully completed.
8) In living Organ donation, the donor donates a part of his liver or kidney, living a healthy and fruitful life after donation.
9) In non-living donation the donor agrees to donate his organs to an unknown person, upon his death.
10) Organ donations for Research and Development have helped making new advancements in the fields of medicine and surgery.
We have also provided an additional set of lines which is bit different from the above one. It will help you to amplify your thinking and will make your writing look more enhanced. The additional piece of information will help you to include more points in your essay or paragraph and make it unique. So go through the below lines and earn appreciation from your teachers:
10 Lines on Organ donation - 2
1) Organ donation is donating one’s vital organs or external body parts legally and with consent to someone in need of that organ.
2) It is a noble act to save a life by donating your organ.
3) Organ donation is possible after the death of the donor or in few cases when the donor is alive.
4) Commonly Kidney, heart, liver, lungs, bones, bone marrow, skin etc. can be donated.
5) Anyone can register for the donation of their organ online or at their nearest healthcare centre.
6) People of all ages can be organ donors. If anyone is less than 18 years of age then his parent can provide the consent for the transplant.
7) Donors with infective diseases or serious health issues should consult their doctor before donating their organs.
8) Ronald Herrick was the first living organ donor who donated his kidney to his brother in a successful transplant in the year 1954.
9) In the year 2013 there were around 845 organs donated in India.
10) Register for Organ donation now to give someone the greatest gift anyone ever can- “The Gift of Life.”
As the modern science is developing very soon Brain transplantation will be a reality and brain dead patients can again lead a healthy life. Being purely an act of selfless service, either for a known or completely unknown person, expresses one’s concern for the health and well being of other. By donating Organs we save life of the recipient and be remembered by his family and friends in their blessings.