The National Flag of a Country represents its cultural and spiritual inclinations, its diversity and political developments of centuries. It symbolizes the pride of the nation and its rich heritage. Indian national flag is called as ‘Tiranga’ or tricolor which symbolizes the importance of each color in the India’s cultural, economical and social heritage.
Indian flag is the source of inspiration and nationalism which had helped the freedom fighters and soldiers to happily sacrifice their lives for the sake of the country and make the national flag fly high.
Ten Lines on National Flag of India in English
10 lines given below will cater the need of someone who wants to know the quick background and amplify its knowledge on Indian national flag. These lines can also be used to make your essays or speeches look more appealing to the audience and help you to earn applause for the same. You can share the facts of the below lines by putting it on the notice board of your class or school. Please go through the below lines and enhance your writing:
10 Lines on National Flag of India - 1
1) Symbolizes India’s pride for its land and diversity.
2) The Flag has evolved through many stages in obtaining its present form.
3) The National Flag was designed by Pingali Venkayya at Machilipatnam.
4) The tricolor was formally adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 22nd July 1947.
5) The ratio of length to breadth of National Flag is 3:2.
6) All the three horizontal stripes saffron, white and green should be equal in length and width.
7) Ashoka Chakra in the centre depicts the Eternal Wheel of Law.
8) Display of National Flag is regulated by Flag code of India 2002.
9) Any insult to the National Flag is an offence punishable by law.
10) Adorned with much enthusiasm and patriotism on National holidays.
We have also given below an additional set of the 10 lines on the topic which will help you to include more points and additional piece of information in your essays or speeches and make them more effective and inspiring. You can also use them in your short paragraphs or in morning assembly and earn accolades from teachers. So read through the below lines make your writing more effective:
10 Lines on National Flag of India - 2
1) Indian flag is a tricolor having saffron, white and green.
2) It had undergone many changes since the first freedom struggle.
3) The present form of the national flag was adopted on 22nd July 1947.
4) It was designed by Pingali Venkayya.
5) The Ashok Chakra in the flag symbolizes eternal wheel of law.
6) Indian flag is the symbol of freedom to all the people.
7) The ratio of the width to the length of the flag is 2:3.
8) The three colors in the flag represent courage, peace and prosperity.
9) The flag should be given a special respect and any insult to it is a punishable offence.
10) The Indian flag is the symbol of pride, patriotism and self reliance.
The respect of national flag should be done throughout the year and not only on the occasion of national festivals. Every Indian should strictly adhere to the rules and regulation set for the use of national flag. The Indian national flag is a symbol of national pride and patriotism. It is the duty of every citizen to protect the national flag against any insult or damage and to safeguard its honor and dignity.