Ramlila is a major event which is conducted every year especially at the time of Navratri. Ramlila depicts a picture of the life and works of Lord Ram. It is a dramatic representation and expression of the life and legacy of Lord Ram. Mainly Ramlila is based on the epics like Ramayana in Sanskrit and Shri Ramcharitmanas in Awadhi which are based on Lord Ram. It is a ten days celebration and it mostly concludes on Dussehra after ‘Ravan Vadh’.
In ancient time, Ramlila was conducted mostly in villages and people from far flung areas used to come in groups to watch the legend of Ramlila. Nowadays, it is organised on a larger scale in villages as well as in cities.
Ten Lines on Ramlila in English
We have provided ten lines on Ramlila in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is Ramlila, what is the meaning of the word Ramlila, when Ramlila is performed, what message does Ramlila gives, how was the life of Lord Ram, how Ramlila is conducted, how Ramlila is performed and acted on the stage etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition.
It will support your essays on Ramlila as well as related topics like Ramlila festival in India, Ramlila drama, essays on Ramayana and Shri Ramcharitmanas or few lines on Ramlila etc.
10 Lines on Ramlila – Set 1
1) Ramlila is the dramatic enactment of events of Lord Ram’s life as described in ‘Ramayana’.
2) Word ‘Ramlila’ is made up of two words i.e. ‘Ram’ is the lord himself and ‘Lila’ is the play.
3) Ramlila is performed in every village and city of India during the Navratri festival.
4) The central character of Ramlila’s play is Lord Ram where entire life of ram is shown.
5) Ramlila tries to give the message that how Lord Ram became “Maryada Purushottam’’.
6) Maryada Purushottam means a man ahead of other men in terms of morals and values.
7) The life of Lord Ram is the story which is full of truth, principles, values, righteousness etc.
8) A big stage is created and decorated for performance of Ramlila with various characters.
9) The casting of Ramlila is a very important stage which decides the actor and their role in the Ramlila.
10) Scripts and dialogues are prepared and long rehearsals are done before the main Ramlila performance.
We have provided another set of 10 lines on Ramlila. After going through these lines you will know that on which text Ramlila is based, when Ramlila is celebrated, whose story Ramlila is, when first Ramlila was conducted and who started first Ramlila, in which languages Ramlila was played, how Ramlila is conducted, what preparation are done for Ramlila etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Ramlila and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Ramlila – Set 2
1) Ramlila is a dramatic representation of the life of Lord Ram which is based on the ancient Hindu scripture “Ramayana” written by “Valmiki”.
2) There are two epics which are written on the life of Lord Ram, one is “Ramayana” written by “Valmiki” and another is “Ramcharitmanas” by “Tulsidas”.
3) Ramlila is performed for ten days during the months of September-October when the festival of Navratri is also going on.
4) It depicts the story of Lord Ram entailing about his birth to his marriage, his exile to Sita’s kidnap, meeting Lord Hanuman and killing Ravana.
5) It is believed that one of the students of “Tulsidas” named “Megha Bhagat” started Ramlila in 1625 which was based on Tulsidas’s Ramcharitmanas.
6) Some of the historians also believe that Ramlila was started during 1200 to 1500 CE in north India based on Valmiki’s Ramayana.
7) Initially, Ramlila was performed in either Sanskrit or Awadhi but nowadays it is being performed in many regional and international languages.
8) Preparations of Ramlila begin several days before the actual performance when actors are selected based on their character.
9) Arrangement of different dresses and costumes for every character is done and a big stage is created on a big ground, called as ‘Ramlila Maidan’.
10) Series of practice and rehearsals are done before the actual performance and utmost care is made on dialogues and script.
We have provided the 3rd set of 10 lines on Ramlila. The set comprises some important information on Ramlila as given above but in different way to make it adaptable for everyone. You can add few or all of these points on Ramlila in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in some school competition.
10 Lines on Ramlila – Set 3
1) ‘Ramlila’ is an Indian drama based on the life of God Ram, the 7th incarnation of god Vishnu, in Hindu culture.
2) It is based in ancient Hindu scripture ‘Ramayana’ or ‘Ramcharitmanas’.
3) Ramlila, which depicts the life of ‘Ram’, continues for few days and sometimes for few months.
4) The Ramlila starts at different times in different parts of India but all ends on same day, on the day of Dushehra.
5) Ramlila can be called an open air theatre and people from villages and towns take deep interest in it.
6) Mostly the Ramlila continues for approximately 10 days.
7) ‘Ramnagar’ Ramlila in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh is the most prominent Ramlila continued for 31 days.
8) Ramlila is also a way to spread our arts and culture through the world.
9) Ramlila ends with the death of Ravan by Ram in the battle between them.
10) A grand fairs also organised on the last day of Ramlila to happily end the Ramlila.
We have again provided the 4th set of 10 lines on Ramlila. After going through these facts on Ramlila you will know some other basic but important facts related to Ramlila in India. Ramlila is a very significant event being observed in India and questions regarding Ramlila are also asked in many examinations. So these sets will surely help you in clearing your doubts and building concepts. So let’ read.
10 Lines on Ramlila – Set 4
1) Ramlila is performed every year on the occasion of Dushehra.
2) The Ramlila of Ayodhya and Varanasi are famous in the whole world.
3) It is mainly observed in the north India to celebrate the victory of Ram over Ravan.
4) People dress up like the different characters of Ramayan and play their role depicting the whole story.
5) It is said that Varanasi district in Uttar Pradesh is the birth place of modern day Ramlila.
6) Ramlila is practiced nearly in every village and town of north India.
7) Ramlila consists of dialogues, songs, hymns, dances and many other activities.
8) Origin of Ramlila was like enacted Ramcharitmanas carried by the follower of Tulsidas.
9) The preparation and rehearsal of Ramlila are started many days before the Ramlila starts.
10) Ramlila is a way to aware people about the great deeds of lord Ram and to make people worship him forever.
The popularity and craziness of Ramlila is such that UNESCO has declared Ramlila as one of the “intangible cultural heritage of humanity” in 2008. Ramlila is still performed in Varanasi’s Ramnagar as it was started by Kashi Naresh and it is one of the ancient festivals of Varanasi. Ramlila has got international acclamation too and is also organised in Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia and many other countries. Many countries have also adopted Ramlila as their part of art and culture.