A rabbit is a small mammal with long ears which can be seen in the fields which are close to the jungle. Rabbits are found in different parts of the world. They live in burrows which are made inside the ground. During daytime they come on the ground to graze the grass and jump from one end to another. They are always alert from their predators while grazing in the field. When a predator chases a rabbit, it starts running in zig-zag pattern in order to make their predator tired.
Rabbits are also considered as good pets to humans just like cats and dogs. There is a perception that rabbits eat carrot but this is wrong, a rabbit mainly feeds grass, leaves and plants.
Ten Lines on Rabbit in English
We have provided ten lines on rabbit in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is a rabbit, how a rabbit looks, what a rabbit popularly called as, where the two eyes of rabbit are located, how many and in what condition legs of a rabbit have, what a rabbit eats, why rabbits are seen on the fields, how the eyes of rabbits work.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will also enhance your knowledge on this small animal and the information can be used in putting on your notice board under the topic ‘Facts about Rabbit’, or to write short essay on rabbit, few lines on rabbit or simple sentences about rabbit etc. It could also be used if you have been given a topic to write essay on my favourite animal or my pet.
10 Lines on Rabbit for Class 1 and 2
1) A rabbit is a small animal with long ears.
2) It is popularly called as “Bunny”.
3) The shape of a rabbit is like an egg with small neck and head.
4) Rabbits have thick fur on their skin.
5) Rabbits have two eyes on the side of their head.
6) Eyes of a rabbit are for safety which can move 360 degrees.
7) Rabbits have four short but powerful legs.
8) Rabbits can jump very far because of its legs.
9) Rabbit is a herbivores animal, it eats grass, leaves, fruits, vegetables etc.
10) Rabbits usually graze in the fields for long time.
We have provided another set of ten lines on rabbit. After going through these lines, you can know that where rabbits are found, how many species of rabbits are in the world, what a male and female rabbit is called, what an offspring of rabbit is called, how many kits are born, how many years a rabbit lives, how a rabbit protects itself from predators, why rabbits dig burrows, when rabbits are active etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on rabbits and it will also be very useful in Olympiads and talent search exams as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Rabbit for Class 3 and 4
1) Rabbits are found in almost all parts of the world except Antarctica.
2) There are 50 different species of rabbits which are known to the world.
3) A male rabbit is called as a “buck” whereas “doe” is the female rabbit.
4) The offspring of a rabbit is called as a “kit”.
5) Generally, a female rabbit gives birth to 12 to 13 kits at a time.
6) Generally, the life of a rabbit is up to 10 to 13 years.
7) Rabbits depend upon their eyesight to detect its predators in the surrounding.
8) In order to protect themselves, rabbits dig burrows inside the ground.
9) Rabbits are very active from daytime to the evening.
10) Rabbits are best prey of most of the flesh-eating animals like cats, dogs, birds etc.
Rabbits are very innocent animals and are very social also. They live in group and have a large family. Rabbit is a favourite and common prey for other predators like dogs, cats, birds, and other wild animals. Predators feel very easy to kill a rabbit and eat it but rabbits are fast and a clever runner which makes their hunting difficult. A cartoon series known as “Bugs Bunny” was made by “Warner Brothers” where “Bugs” is a character which is a rabbit and he is fond of eating carrots.