Cricket is one of the most loved outdoor games in the world. It is played between two teams each containing 11 players. In this game, a bowler of a team A throws the ball towards the batsman of team B and the batsman hits the ball to score the highest run while the other members of team A try to stop the ball as soon as possible. A set of 6 consecutive deliveries of the ball is called an over. The Cricket is categorized in 3 formats according to the number of over viz. one day (50 over) cricket match, Test Cricket Match (unlimited over) and 20-20 Cricket Match (20 over).
Ten Lines on 20-20 Cricket Match
1) 20-20 Cricket Match is also abbreviated as Twenty20 cricket and T20.
2) It has limited deliveries of 20 over for each of both teams playing against each other.
3) A typical T20 Cricket Match takes about 3 hours to completely finish both innings.
4) Each of the bowlers of a team gets 4 over to bowl against the other team.
5) There is a gap of 15 minutes between both of the innings.
6) Both teams are directed to play for only 1 hour and 15 minutes each.
7) On delivery of ‘No Ball’ by the bowler, the Batsman is awarded a ‘free hit’.
8) After one batsman is out, the next one has to be on the pitch within a time-limit of 1.5 minutes.
9) The fielding team cannot arrange more than 5 fielders on the leg side at a time.
10) If the match ends with equal runs scored by both the teams, again each team will be assigned 1 extra over to get the result.
An extra set of 10 points on 20-20 Cricket Match is being provided here to improve your knowledge. This set is containing the history of 20-20 Cricket Match, few records, its authority, and other information. The language of the set is very easy and suitable for the students of lower classes also.
1) The first official 20-20 match was played in 2003 between the territories of England.
2) The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) directs and regulates the 20-20 Cricket Match.
3) The 20-20 format is especially used in IPL (Indian Premier League) Matches.
4) The first 20-20 International Cricket Match was played between England and New Zealand women cricket teams on 5th August 2004 in which New Zealand was the winner.
5) India played its first 20-20 match on 1st December 2006 in Johannesburg against South Africa and was the winner.
6) 20-20 Cricket Match is popular in both; men’s cricket teams as well as women’s cricket teams.
7) 25 Countries who plays in test format also have played 20-20 Cricket Match till the date.
8) India has played 125 international matches in 20-20 format and has won 70 out of them.
9) Indian Cricket Player Rohit Sharma holds the record of making most runs (2331) in 20-20 cricket matches till 2018.
10) West Indies Cricket Player Chris Gayle has the record of hitting most sixes (105) in 20-20 Cricket Match till 2019.
The people’s love for Cricket has made it popular worldwide. The famous IPL is also based on the 20-20 cricket format. The 20-20 cricket format has provided a full pack of entertainment in very less time and therefore it became famous very rapidly and is also being followed worldwide.