Cricket is such a sport that has fetched the worldwide fame and respect making people entertained for a long time. The World Cup in Cricket is the most awaited event. We have created some sets of 10 lines on Cricket World Cup Match for you. You can read all of them below. They are meant to provide you all the valuable information in very less time. So here we go.
Ten Lines on World Cup Match
1) The world cup is an international level championship of one day format in cricket.
2) Cricket world cup is played in the gap of every four years in a different country.
3) A separate women world cup is also organized, two years before men’s tournament.
4) The sole body which organizes the world cup is the International Cricket Council (ICC).
5) The first cricket world cup was organized in England from 7th to 21st June 1975.
6) The 2nd and 3rd cricket world cups were also organized in England in 1979 and 1983.
7) In 1999 the world cup was organized in England and in 2019 the venue is again England.
8) 1987 was hosted by India and Pakistan 1996, 2011 included Sri Lanka, Bangladesh.
9) In 1992 the world was hosted in Australia and New Zealand, they got a chance in 2015 too.
10) In 2003 South Africa and in 2007 West Indies have got the chance to host the world cup.
1) The world cup is long series of a tournament in the game of cricket where several teams from different countries contest with each other.
2) Cricket world cup is organized by a single governing body ICC; the game of world cup is played in the gap of every four years and in a different place.
3) Cricket world cup comes up in different formats i.e. one-day internationals, t20 internationals, for men and women both, under 19 world cups is also played.
4) Cricket world cup is open for all members where high ranking teams get automatic entry and rest play world cup qualifier and world cricket league.
5) The inaugural world cup was played in England in 1975 followed by 1979, 1983 and the event returned again in 1999 and presently in 2019.
6) In 1987 the tournament was moved out of England, it was played in the Indian subcontinent, it held again in 1996 and 2011, in 2023 it will be held in India.
7) In 1992 world cup was conducted in Australia and New Zealand, these countries again got the chance to organize world cup in 2015.
8) The 8th edition of the world cup was played in South Africa and co-joined by Zimbabwe and Kenya in 2003, the 9th edition was played in West Indies in 2007.
9) The winning of most world cup title goes to Australia having won 5 times, they had made a hat-trick also, India and west indies have won world cup two times.
10) In 1992 the scenario of world cup changed due entry of colored jerseys for every team and white ball was introduced; day and night matches were conducted.
World cup, irrespective of the country it is being played in, always infuses the feeling and excitement to see our country winning every match. When players hit either fours or sixes the excitement level becomes double and the bowler takes wickets, which also gives pleasure. The most exciting thing of every world cup is a clash of two arch-rivals i.e. India and Pakistan. It is considered a game of the games where India has won all the 7 times when these two teams met.