Now a days, whole world is facing the fever of cricket world cup 2019 which is being played in England as wales. As we all of us know that cricket world cup is played after the gap of every four years. Last time world cup was played in 2015, in Australia and New Zealand. This time the apex body of cricket, the international cricket council (ICC) decided to reduce the number of teams from 14 to 10 and organise the game in round-robin format.
The most thrilling and exciting part of every world cup tournament including this world cup is the India-Pakistan clash, which is called as the clash of two arch-rivals.
Ten Lines on ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 in English
We have provided ten lines on ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 in English for class 1 to class 6 students. After reading these special lines you will know that which edition of world cup is being played, where world cup 2019 is being played, what is the schedule of this world cup, which format of cricket is being played in this world cup, how many matches will be played etc.
You can add these points in your essays and paragraphs writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. These facts will be helpful in writing a short essay on ICC cricket world cup 2019 as well as related topics like facts on cricket world cup, ICC cricket world cup 2019, matches of cricket world cup etc.
10 Lines on ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 – Set 1
1) ICC cricket world cup 2019 is the 12th edition of cricket played internationally.
2) This time, the 2019 cricket world cup is being hosted by England and Wales.
3) This is the fifth time that the world cup is being held in England and Wales.
4) The schedule of the ICC cricket world cup 2019 is between 30th may to 14th July.
5) This world cup is a 50 overs tournament with a single group including 10 teams.
6) A total of 48 matches are being played including two semi-finals and a final match.
7) This world cup is ‘round-robin’ tournament where every team will clash all others.
8) The world cup tournament started with hosts England beat South Africa by 104 runs.
9) Team India has not lost any game, only a match with New Zealand was washed off.
10) India defeated its arch-rival Pakistan by 89 runs in the match played on 16th June.
We have provided another set of ten points on ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 for class7 to class 12 students. After going through these points, you will find that when 11th world cup was played, where 2015 world cup was played, who is the oldest and the youngest player in this world cup, who is the leading wicket taker and run scorer in this world cup etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on ICC cricket world cup 2019 and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 – Set 2
1) ICC cricket world cup 2019 is an international cricket tournament of men’s national teams which is being conducted by International Cricket Council (ICC).
2) This is the 12th edition of the cricket world cup being hosted by England and Wales, the last was the 11th edition hosted by Australia and New Zealand in 2015.
3) It is the fifth time that England and Wales have hosted the cricket world cup, previously they have hosted 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1999 world cups.
4) The world cup 2019 is scheduled from 30th May to 14th July, in this present edition of the world cup, 10 cricket playing nation are doing head to head with each other.
5) In this world cup 2019, total 48 matches are being played with 45 league matches, 2 semi-finals and a final, the warm-up matches are scheduled from 24th to 28th may.
6) As there are only 10 teams which are participating in this world cup, this will be a round-robin tournament where every team will compete with other 9 teams.
7) New Zealand was the first who announced their world cup squad, “Imran Tahir” of South Africa who is 40 years old and “Mujeeb-ur-Rehman” of Afghanistan, 18 years old.
8) World cup 2019 started with the match between the hosts England and South Africa, where England won by 104 runs with man of match “Ben Stokes”.
9) India so far has not lost its any game including the match with arch-rivals Pakistan; they defeated Pakistan with 89 runs with man of the match “Rohit Sharma”.
10) In this tournament, player who has scored most runs is “David Warner” of Australia and player who has taken most wickets is “Mitchell Starc” of Australia.
Word cup 2019 has lots of twists and turns which are in the way when the game will move on. Previously we can see that those teams which were considered as minnows have defeated strong teams like West Indies defeated Pakistan in their first game; Sri Lanka defeated England by 20 runs. This world cup will also be remembered due to heavy rainfall in England which either has interrupted the game for few minutes or has abandoned the game totally.