As we all of us know that cricket is one of the games which are very popular worldwide. When a series between two or three countries starts or a world level series starts, the excitement of the games rises among the fans. Since each nation has its own cricket team so India is also having its own cricket team. Sometimes the team is called team India. The Indian cricket team is a very professional team that plays cricket with all the spirit and ethics.
In the beginning, when team India started playing was unable to win matches and was a weak team, with the passage of time team India now has become one of the best teams in the world.
Ten Lines on Indian Cricket Team
1) The Indian cricket team is the team that represents India in the cricket game.
2) The Indian cricket team is a full member of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
3) Indian cricket team plays all formats i.e. Tests, One Day and T20 internationals.
4) Virat Kohli is the captain and Rohit Sharma is the vice-captain of the cricket team.
5) On 25th June 1932, the Indian cricket team was granted the status of test playing nation.
6) 13th July 1974, the Indian cricket team was granted the status of one day playing nation.
7) On 1st December 2006, the Indian cricket team played its maiden T20 against South Africa.
8) From 1935 to 1952, the Indian cricket team waited for 20 years to win a single test match.
9) The domestic cricket tournament of an Indian cricket team is known as ‘Ranji Trophy’.
10) Another domestic cricket tournament of an Indian cricket team is the ‘Duleep Trophy’.
1) Indian cricket team which is sometimes called as ‘Team India’ or ‘Men in Blue’ which plays cricket and is controlled by ‘Board of Control for Cricket in India’ (BCCI).
2) Cricket was introduced in India by European merchants and sailors; first cricket club was established in Calcutta in 1792.
3) Indian cricket became the sixth test playing nation when they played their maiden test match with England in 25th June 1932 at Lord’s.
4) Indian cricket team has given a bunch of talented players like Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar, M.S. Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Virendra Sehwag etc.
5) Indian cricket has won one day world cup titles two times in 1983 and 2011, world t20 in 2007 and ICC champions trophy in 2002 and 2013.
6) Indian cricket team had won its first one day world cup in 1983 by defeating the defending champions west indies under the captaincy of Kapil Dev.
7) ‘Mahendra Singh Dhoni’ is the only player who holds the record of winning all the world titles, i.e. world T20 2007, world cup 2011, ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
8) Four players are Kapil Dev, Sourav Ganguly, M.S. Dhoni, Virat Kohli, under their captaincy Indian team became the finalist of world level tournament.
9) Sachin Tendulkar holds the record of scoring maximum runs in the world, his runs in one day are 18,426 and in test matches his runs are 15,921.
10) The players are selected in the Indian cricket team after best performance in their respective teams of the state which is known as domestic cricket.
The cricket in India started its journey on 25th June 1932 by playing a test match against England. In the beginning, the Indian team was considered as minnows but with the passage of time and with the advancement in cricket, the quality and level of the game of team India have changed totally. Today team India is considered one of the dangerous sides which can snatch the chances of winning from their opponent’s hands at any moment of time.