BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) is a national governing body which organizes and regulates the game of cricket in India. You can know all the details and functions of it through our sets of 10 lines on BCCI we have provided below. These sets will provide information about BCCI in very simple language to make it convenient for you. So let's go.
Ten Lines on BCCI
1) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is the governing body of Indian cricket.
2) BCCI, including all the state cricket associations, is responsible for electing the chief of BCCI.
3) The BCCI headquarters is at ‘Wankhede Stadium’ in Mumbai.
4) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) was founded in December 1928.
5) In December 1928 BCCI registered under the Tamil Nadu society’s registration act.
6) The first president of BCCI was ‘Grant Govan’, while the secretary was ‘Anthony De Mello’.
7) The logo of BCCI is derived from the emblem of the order of the star of India emblem.
8) With the recent changes in cricket in India, BCCI became malign in corrupt activities.
9) Supreme Court on 30th January 2017 setup 4 member committee of administrators.
10) Supreme Court formed the ‘Lodha Committee’ to search for ways for reforming Indian cricket.
1) The men’s national cricket team of India is stated as the Indian Cricket Team.
2) It is also referred to as Team India.
3) It is managed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
4) India's national cricket team is a full member of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
5) Cricket was started in India in the 18th century by Britishers.
6) The first cricket club was made in 1792.
7) The Indian cricket team was the sixth team in the world to get test cricket status.
8) It played its first test match on 25th June 1932 in Lord's stadium of London.
9) The Indian Cricket Team became a stronger team in the 1970s.
10) This was due to the entry of cricketers like Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Vishwanath, etc.
1) The Indian cricket team is referred to as Men in blue.
2) It is an active member of ICC for the test, One day international, and Twenty20 International.
3) The Indian cricket team is the second team in the world for winning the world cup.
4) The team has bagged the cricket world cup two times (by 2021).
5) It has a record of winning the Asia cup for seven times (by 2021).
6) Indian cricket team ranks second in the world in the test (by September 2021).
7) It has the fourth-ranking in One Day Internationals (by September 2021).
8) It occupies second place in the world in Twenty20 Internationals (by September 2021).
9) Virat Kohli at present is the captain of the Indian Cricket team (by 2021).
10) The Indian cricket team is stated as one the best cricket team in Asia and the world.
1) BCCI organizes domestic cricket events; ‘Ranji trophy’ is the first one which was named after first Indian international cricketer “RanjitsinhJi” also known as “Ranji”.
2) The second tournament conducted by BCCI is “Irani trophy”, the “Z.R. Irani cup” is played between Ranji trophy champions and rest of India team.
3) The third tournament conducted by BCCI is known as “Duleep trophy”, it is a first-class tournament which is dedicated to “Shri Duleepsinhji” of Nawanagar.
4) The fourth tournament conducted by BCCI is known as “Vijay Hazare trophy”, it is also known as Ranji one day trophy which was started in 2002-03.
5) The fifth tournament conducted by BCCI is “Deodhar trophy”, named after prof. D.B. Deodhar is a list a tournament in Indian domestic cricket.
6) The sixth tournament conducted by BCCI is “Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy”, it is T20 domestic tournament named by cricketer Syed Mushtaq Ali.
7) The seventh tournament conducted by BCCI is “Cooch Behar trophy”, it is a national tournament especially for U-19 players and is held annually.
8) The eighth tournament conducted by BCCI is “senior women’s one day league”, it is a list A tournament for the women players, started in 2006-07.
9) The ninth tournament conducted by BCCI is “senior women’s T20 league”, it is a women’s T20 national event which was started in 2008-2009.
10) The tenth tournament conducted by BCCI is a famous “Indian Premier League” or IPL, it is a professional T20 league contested in March-April every year.
After 2013 IPL, there were some corruption charges which BCCI was facing and after seeing the deteriorating, notorious and monopolistic tendencies of BCCI, Supreme Court took Suo Motto cognizance and started cleaning the organization. First of all, the Supreme Court sacked all the officials of IPL. Soon Supreme Court set up a committee appointed former chief justice Lodha as the chairman of the committee and then non-partiality in BCCI came inside.