Cricket, now a day, has diversified into many formats. When the game of cricket was introduced then only test matches were played, slowly another format of the game known as one day came and in recent years cricket has got its new dimension called T20. Now the world cup is also spread into different segments and one of them is under-19 world cups. The under-19 world cup is played with the players who are equal or less than 19 years of age. Under-19 cricket is men’s world cup and unlikely of the main world cup, it is played after the gap of every two years in different countries and different venues.
Ten Lines on Under-19 World Cup
1) U-19 cricket world cup is a multi-lateral tournament contested by national u-19 teams.
2) The u-19 cricket world cup is organized by International Cricket Council or ICC.
3) The u-19 cricket world cup is a biennial event i.e. it is arranged once every two years.
4) The event was first contested in 1988 in Australia and was called the “Youth World Cup”.
5) In the first edition of the u-19 world cup, held in 1988, only eight teams had participated.
6) All the subsequent editions of the under-19 world cup have the participation of 16 teams.
7) Last under-19 world cup was held in New Zealand in 2018, with India securing the cup.
8) The maximum number record for holding the u-19 world cup title goes to India with up to 4 times.
9) Australia has won the world cup three times followed by Pakistan and England, 2 times.
10) South Africa and West Indies have won the under 19 world cups for one time each.
Set - 2
1) Under-19 Cricket World Cup is stated as an international cricket tournament.
2) International Cricket Council is the organizing body of the Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
3) It is played by the Under-19 national cricket teams.
4) The tournament is held after every two years after 1998.
5) It was initiated in 1988 as Youth World Cup.
6) There were only eight teams participating in the first edition.
7) The number of participating teams was changed from 8 to 16 in successive editions.
8) India has bagged the under-19 cricket world cup four times (by 2020).
9) Australia had won the under-19 cricket world cup three times (by 2020).
10) Bangladesh, England, South Africa, and West Indies had won the world cup once (by 2020).
Set - 3
1) The Under-19 Cricket world cup is an International tournament held after every two years.
2) The first Under-19 world cup was held in 1988.
3) It was played in the country Australia.
4) The next under-19 cricket world cup after 1988 was held in 1998.
5) The under-19 cricket match is played for 50 overs.
6) India is the most successful team in the Under-19 cricket world cup.
7) It had won the finals four times and became a finalist three times.
8) The tournament was last held in the year 2020 and next will be held in 2022.
9) Priyam Garg is the captain of the under-19 cricket team of India.
10) The under-19 cricket world cup 2020 was held in South Africa.
1) The inaugural world cup played in 1988 was named as youth world cup in 1988.
2) The 2nd under-19 world cup was played in 2000 in Sri Lanka, in which India won and “Reetinder Sodhi” secured title of Man of The Match.
3) The 3rd under-19 world cup was played in 2002 at Lincoln, New Zealand in which Australia won the tournament with man of the match “Aaron Bird”.
4) The 4th under-19 world cup was played in 2004 at Bangladesh, in which Pakistan won the world cup title with man of the match “Asif Iqbal”.
5) The 5th under-19 world cup was played in 2006 at Colombo, Sri Lanka in which Pakistan won the tournament with man of the match “Anwar Ali”.
6) The 6th under-19 world cup was played in 2008 at Malaysia in which India became the u-19 world champions with man of the match “Ajitesh Argal”.
7) The 7th under-19 world cup was played in 2010 at New Zealand in which Australia became the world winner with man of the match “Josh Hazelwood”.
8) The 8th under-19 world cup was held in 2012 at Townsville, Australia in which India won the world cup title with man of the match “Unmukt Chand”.
9) The 9th under-19 world cup was held in 2014 at Dubai in which South Africa won this world cup title with man of the match “Corbin Bosch”.
10) The 10th under-19 world cup was held in 2016 at Bangladesh in which West Indies won the tournament with man of the match “Keacy Carty”.
The under-19 world cup was started in 1988 in Australia which was named as youth world cup. After a long gap of ten years this tournament was reinstated and renamed as the under-19 world cup. The under-19 world cup occurs always after a gap of two years. The highest winning of the under-19 world cup is by India four times, Australia three times. Pakistan and England have won the title two times followed by South Africa and West Indies one time each.