India is known for its rich tradition and culture. India ranks 6th in holding heritage sites. It has 40 sites in which 30 cultural, 7 natural and 1 mixed site were added to the UNESCO list of world heritage. Karnataka (state in India) has two UNESCO world heritage sites Hampi and Pattakadal. These are the center of tourist attractions.Therefore, it is very important to maintain and preserve their significance.
Ten Lines on World Heritage Week in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on World Heritage Week in the form of sets. It is an important topic for everyone. You can understand this topic quickly because the language used is easy.
1) The World Heritage Week is celebrated from 19 to 25 November across the world.
2) The main aim of this week is to conserve the heritage sites and monuments.
3) This celebration was started by UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
4)The main motive of this week is to highlight the significance of historical monuments.
5) Theme for this week is decided every year by the International Council on Monuments and Sites.
6) Due to the pandemic, this week was celebrated digitallyon digital platforms in 2020.
7) This week is celebrated at the heritage sites like Red Fort, Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Qutub Minar, etc.
8) In many heritage sites, entry is kept free during this week to promote the aim of this celebration.
9) It will be celebrated in 2021 with the theme of “Complex Pasts: Diverse Futures.”
10) In India, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is responsible for celebrating this week.
1) This week makes people aware of the importance of their culture and tradition.
2) Jaipur (2019) is the recently added site in the UNESCO Heritage list.
3) The world heritage sites need to be protected.
4) The World Heritage also affects the economic as well as the political scenario of the country.
5) Protecting ancient heritage sites are important to preserve the mythological incidents.
6) Events like quiz and painting competitions are organized in schools and colleges.
7) Taj Mahal, Khajuraho, Hampi, Sun Temple, Ajanta Caves, etc are some heritage sites in India.
8) Youth are the main target of this week because it is believed that they will help to protect the heritage.
9) Several steps are taken to save Kashi Vishwanath (Varanasi) by the National Research Laboratory for Conservation, Lucknow.
10) This week also promotes the rich heritage and culture of the country.
The history of the country is known by their heritage sites. They are the beauty of the nation. The Indian government has taken several steps to protect the national sites. Many states of India have taken initiatives to protect monuments in their area. Therefore, protection and conservation of ancient sites is the duty of all human beings.
I wish the above provided lines on World Heritage Week would be beneficial for you.
Related Links :
- 10 Lines on Armed Forces Flag Day
- 10 Lines on International Week of Science and Peace
- 10 Lines on National Epilepsy Day
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on World Heritage Week
Ans. The theme for World Heritage Week 2020 was “Shared Cultures, Thread Heritage, Shared Responsibility”.
Ans. Italy (58) has the highest number of heritage sites in the UNESCO list.