The Film Industry is considered as the largest mode of entertainment. Hollywood is considered as the oldest film industry. However, Bollywood is considered as the second oldest film industry. Film making is not an easy job; it involves various activities as well as revenue. A huge number of people are involved in this task. Different awards and celebrations are organized in order to appreciate film makers and other involved people.
Ten Lines on International Film Festival of India in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on the International Film Festival of India in the form of sets. It would be helpful for people who have keen interest in the film industries and various events associated with it.
1) The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) was founded on 24 January 1952.
2) It is celebrated every year during the months of November and December.
3) The dates of the International Film Festival of India are not fixed.
4) It is a way of appreciating the film culture of all nations.
5) The Directorate of Film Festival and the State Government of Goa are responsible for conducting this festival.
6) After the 34th edition of IFFI, the venue is fixed to Goa.
7) It is observed to promote cooperation and contribution of people in the film industry across the world.
8) The first IFFI was observed from 24 January to 1 February in Mumbai.
9) The IFFI is the biggest film event in India.
10) Various awards are given in IFFI to appreciate film culture and art.
1) The IFFI is one of the most popular film festivals in Asia.
2) The 52 IFFI will be celebrated from 20 November to 28 November, 2021.
3) The first IFFI was non-competitive and had 23 participating countries.
4) From 1965, the IFFI became competitive and was held in Trivandrum.
5) The 51 IFFI was shifted to Jan 2021 due to the pandemic and had various online events.
6) This year will again observe hybrid events (online as well as offline).
7) “Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Cinema” was introduced in IFFI to commemorate the legacy of Satyajit Ray (directorate of the film festival).
8) The second IFFI was held in Delhi and was inaugurated by Jawaharlal Lal Nehru (then prime minister).
9) The Filmotsav was introduced in 1975 and was merged with IFFI.
10) The IFFI encourages the film industry across the world.
Apart from contributing in the entertainment field, the Film Industry also contributes in revenue generation. The year of the pandemic hits various areas of business. The entertainment or Film Industry is none other than that. There had been a decline of 24% in the Indian Film Industry due to the pandemic. However, it again gradually started growing.
I wish the above given lines on the International Film Festival of India would be easily understood. I hope it will be helpful for you in achieving knowledge about this topic.
Related Links :
- 10 Lines on World Heritage Week
- 10 Lines on Armed Forces Flag Day
- 10 Lines on International Week of Science and Peace
- 10 Lines on National Epilepsy Day
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on International Film Festival of India
Ans. Dadasaheb Phalke, an Indian director, producer and screenwriter is termed as the Father of Indian Cinema.
Ans. The IFFI Awards consist of The Golden Peacock Award, The Silver Peacock Award and other awards like Lifetime Achievement Award, Special Jury Award, etc.