Nowadays, Corruption is a major topic of concern worldwide. Each and every field of the system is affected by its consequences. Poor and middle-class people are the main victims of corruption. During elections corruption is on its peak. However, many times common people miss job opportunities due to corruption. Therefore, observance of International Anti-Corruption Day would be fruitful for everyone.
Ten Lines on International Anti-Corruption Day in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on International Anti-Corruption Day in the form of sets. It is a very important topic of concern. You can use these lines wherever required.
1) The International Anti-Corruption Day is celebrated every year on 9 December.
2) On 9th December 2006, the first International Anti-Corruption Day was observed.
3) The main aim of this day is to unite people to fight against corruption.
4) United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and United Nation Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) are responsible for leading this campaign.
5) The United Nations Convention against Corruption was adopted on 31 Oct 2003 by the UN general assembly.
6) Media and social networks help to highlight this day and its importance.
7) People organize rallies to promote this day.
8) It also promotes various efforts done by the convention in preventing corruption.
9) It also makes people aware about the disadvantages of corruption in the society.
10) “Recover with Integrity to Build Forward Better” was the theme of International Anti-Corruption Day 2020.
1) Elimination of corruption is key to set up stability and security of the society.
2) This day holds a major role in controlling the serious threat of corruption.
3) This day alerts people about increasing corruption.
4) Removal of corruption is required to maintain transparency in the system.
5) Corruption is a major barrier in attaining Sustainable Development Goals.
6) On 14 December 2005, the convention against corruption came into action.
7) Corruption affects the growth of the country.
8) However, we can also take part by reporting the incidents related to corruption.
9) On this day, speeches and conferences are held by famous personalities like politicians.
10) This day also promotes measures to fight corruption.
The national authority is trying their best to remove corruption from the system. However, this is not possible without the help of the general public. The system will be free from corruption only when we will stand and fight together against this major concern. Therefore, it’s a high time to come forward and “Say no to Corruption”.
I hope that the above given lines on International Anti-Corruption Day would be easily understood. I also expect your support in reducing corruption from society.
Related Links :
- 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India
- 10 Lines on World Heritage Week
- 10 Lines on Armed Forces Flag Day
- 10 Lines on International Week of Science and Peace
- 10 Lines on National Epilepsy Day
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on International Anti-Corruption Day
Ans. We can also help to reduce corruption by opposing bribes and reporting corruptive activities.
Ans. Denmark is considered as the least corrupt country in the world.
Ans. Iraq, Syria, South Sudan, Somalia, etc. are some of the most corrupt countries in the world.