Soldiers are an integral part of our nation. We are able to sleep peacefully at night only because they are waking up at the borders. They are the real-life heroes who sacrifice everything for the protection of their motherland. It is the national as well as public responsibility to look after them and their families.
Ten Lines on Armed Force Flag Day in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Armed Forces Flag Day in the form of sets. It would be helpful for you to understand the various aspects of this topic in a very short period of time.
1) The Armed Force Flag Day is celebrated every year on 7 December.
2) This celebration was started in 1949.
3) This day is celebrated to honor army people and soldiers.
4) Main motive of this day is to collect donations from the public for the welfare of the armed forces.
5) It is observed to appreciate and show their gratitude towards current and former army people.
6) This day commemorates the army people who died for the welfare of the country.
7) Various shows, programs and parades are organized on this day to highlight their efforts in serving the country.
8) The flag day fund was set up in 1949. However, the Armed Force Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) was set up in 1993 by merging other related funds.
9) This day gives us an opportunity to contribute to the Armed Force Flag Day Fund.
10) Media played an important role in making this day significant.
1) Flag Day celebration was proposed on 28 August 1949, by the committee under the defence minister.
2) The basic idea is to collect donations from Indian citizens and give flags in return.
3) Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force are responsible for organizing various events for the general public.
4) The Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) is responsible for managing the fund collection throughout the country.
5) However, the country does not observe an official holiday on this day.
6) Many political leaders including the Prime Minister, president and other ministers pay tribute to the martyrs on this day.
7) The main purpose of this day is: “rehabilitation of the battle casualties, welfare of serving personnel and their families, resettlement and welfare of ex-servicemen and their families”.
8) In 2020, this day was celebrated throughout the month of December.
9) This day reminds us of our duty to support men in uniforms.
10) People also pledge tosupport the Armed Forces Flag Day.
One day is not enough to celebrate the bravery and contribution of soldiers and armed forces. Not only men in uniforms are responsible for the safety of the nation, their family does have a huge contribution. There are about 32 lakh ex-servicemen and 60,000 are added every year. In order to support handicapped army people, their widows, orphans and others dependable, the fund is collected.
I hope the above given lines on Armed Forces Flag Day would be useful for you to boost your knowledge in this topic.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Armed Force Flag Day
Ans. Flags with red, blue and light blue colors representing the three military services are distributed on this day.
Ans. Anyone can contribute either by online or through cheque and bank transfer.