The new variant of the Covid-19 virus is spreading across the countries by the name Omicron.
It was the start of the year 2020 when the country was shocked by the news of the covid-19. The new virus attacked several countries and soon it took the horrible form of a pandemic. Various people lost their lives due to this pandemic. The world is suffering from a critical time due to the emergence of this deadly virus. People were still fighting against this virus and a new variant came to make the situation worse. Yes, we are talking about a new variant of Covid-19, Omicron. Let’s discuss the topic in detail.
Ten Lines on Omicron Variant in English
Here, I’m presenting ten lines on the Omicron variant in the form of sets. This is an emerging variant and it is important to have proper knowledge about this to keep yourself safe. It would be helpful for everyone to know the various aspects of this topic.
1) The variant of SARS-CoV-2, a virus causing Covid is known by the name Omicron.
2) On 24 November 2021, the first case of the Omicron variant was found in South Africa.
3) WHO named this variant as Omicron on 26 November 2021.
4) This variant is considered as a ‘variant of concern’ by the WHO.
5) This variant is more contagious and is spreading very quickly, about 70 times faster than the previous variant.
6) Many countries are vulnerable to the spread of Omicron.
7) You can wear a mask, maintain social distance, proper sanitizing your hand will help you to avoid the risk of this virus.
8) The Omicron variant can be detected through PCR and antigen-based diagnostic tests.
9) The common symptoms of Omicron are fatigue, congestion, runny nose, and cough.
10) According to the ongoing research, this variant is less harmful than the Delta variant of Covid.
1) There is various uncertainty regarding the transmission and cause of this variant.
2) The emergence of the Omicron is a signal that Covid is still present in the surroundings.
3) According to the researchers, this variant can be the cause of long Covid.
4) The vaccines are helpful in protecting death and hospitalization from the Covid virus.
5) A large number of mutations is shown by this variant, responsible for affecting the spike protein.
6) Lots of research is under process regarding the Omicron.
7) This variant spread over more than 80 countries till 16 December 2021.
8) This variant mostly attacks people who are previously affected by the virus.
9) According to some research, it mostly affects the upper part of the body.
10) Doctors and researchers suggest getting vaccinated to reduce the risk of this variant.
Due to the increasing death rate caused by the coronavirus, the countries are trying their best to control the situation. All possible steps are taken by the government to handle the situation but we also need to take proper steps at a personal level. There are certain rules and regulations we need to follow to save ourselves from this danger.
I hope the above given ten points on Omicron would be helpful for you to know the effect of this variant. Therefore, I would request you all to follow the guidelines to stay safe and stay healthy.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Omicron Variant
Ans. The WHO (World Health Organization) used the Greek alphabet after the 15th letter to refer to this variant, as calling B.1.1.529 was difficult and confusing.
Ans. As per the report of GISAID, India is affected by about 293 cases of Omicron till 5 Jan 2022.