A flight recorder is also known by different names like a black box or electronic flight recorder is a device which is helpful for detecting the cause of flight accidents.
The fastest mode of transportation to date is airplanes. Although, aircraft are used in many other fields including defense where security should be the main concern. We hear many cases of flight crashes whose exact reasons remain unknown. If we are aware of the risks and causes of the accidents then it will be easier to provide more security. Today we will discuss the device which plays an important role in all the aircraft.
Ten Lines on Black Box – An Electronic Flight Recorder in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on a Flight Recorder in the form of sets. It would be useful for students of all classes to boost their knowledge regarding the importance of this device.
1) The Black Box is used to record the clue from data and cockpit sound.
2) The color of the black box is chosen bright orange for high visibility.
3) The prototype of this device was invented by David Warren, an Australian Scientist in 1958.
4) It is a mandatory part of an aircraft to prevent future accidents.
5) This device is kept at the backside of an aircraft.
6) It has the ability to work 30 days without electricity.
7) The weight of this device is up to 4.5 kilos or 10 pounds.
8) CDR (Cockpit Voice Recorder) and FDR (Flight Data Recorder) are the two recorders present in this device.
9) The device is resistant to corrosion, water pressure, heat, static load, etc.
10) It emits waves with a beep sound that can be heard from a 2-3 km distance which is helpful to find the device.
1) Black box is the opposite of its name because it is neither black nor it’s a box.
2) It is a device in the shape of a cylindrical compressor.
3) All the activities happening inside the aircraft are recorded on this device.
4) Titanium metal is used to protect it when falling in seas from height.
5) Earlier it was known as ‘Red Egg’ due to its red color.
6) The raw data is meaningless and needs to be decoded.
7) A spectrum analysis is done sometimes to examine the sound.
8) The four main parts of the black box are the memory unit, signal beacon, input device, and electronic controller board.
9) It is capable of emitting waves from inside the sea at about the depth of 14,000 feet.
10) The device can bear up to 11,000-degree Celsius temperature.
The flight recorder is very useful in some critical cases of flight crashes. The first thing that comes to mind when investigating the aircraft accidents is the black box. In many cases, we can see that the evidence from the black box helped the authority in detecting the cause of the accidents.
I hope the above given lines on a Flight Recorder will be useful for you all. The language is kept simple so that it can be easily understandable by all the people.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on a Fight Recorder
Ans. The flight recorder is capable of recording approximately 17 to 25 hours of data.
Ans. It takes almost 10 to 15 days to analyze the data of the black box.
Ans. They can also be used in railways and cars other than aircraft.