We sleep peacefully at night without any fear. Have you ever thought about how peaceful sleep is achieved? We sleep peacefully at night because the defense staff of our Indian Armed Forces sacrifice their sleep and lives to assure sleep and safety for us. They work 24×7 without even thinking of their lives. Contribution of the defense staff for our country is impayable. One of these defense staff was CDS Gen Bipin Rawat. It is very unfortunate for us to use a ‘was’ for such a legendary person because he left us in midstream. Today we will discuss about his life and his respective contributions for mother India.
Ten Lines on CDS General Bipin Laxman Singh Rawat in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on CDS Gen Bipin Rawat in the form of sets. These lines would be useful for students to know the detailed information about him in a very short period of time.
1) Bipin Laxman Singh Rawat was an Indian Military General.
2) On Sunday 16 March 1958, General Bipin Rawat was born at Pauri, Uttarakhand.
3) On 16 December 1978, Rawat was commissioned in the same unit as his father, into the 5th Battalion of 11th Gorkha Rifles.
4) He was appointed as the first Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), on 31 December 2019.
5) He belonged to a family whose many generations served in the Indian army.
6) He was the 57th Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee.
7) As a Major, he commanded a military unit in Jammu, Kashmir, and Uri.
8) He was honored with several awards like Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, Yudh Seva Medal, Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, Sena Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal.
9) He died due to the crash of the Indian Air Force Mil Mi-17 helicopter near Coonoor, Tamil Nadu.
10) General Bipin Rawat (Vipin Rawat) along with his wife & 11 other personnel died on 8 December 2021, Wednesday.
1) He served the Indian Army as 26th Chief of Army Staff.
2) His father, Laxman Singh Rawat was a lieutenant general in the Indian Army.
3) He was known for his skills and strategic expertise.
4) He was married to Madhulika Rawat in 1985.
5) He had two daughters named Kritika and Tarini.
6) He played an important role in the modernization of the army by reducing duplicity and administrative interference.
7) He performed bilateral visits to various countries as Chief of the Army Staff.
8) Rawat also commanded the 21 Para (a special force of the Indian Army) under the Dimapur operational control.
9) In his 43 years of service, he served from Brigade Commander to the top post of CDS.
10) Rawat also contributed to the 2016’s Surgical Strike.
The death of CDS Bipin Rawat was very sad and heartfelt news for the people of India. He was the nation’s most senior military officer. The loss that the country will suffer is irreplaceable. He will always be remembered for his work and huge contribution to the Indian Army. Various famous leaders and personalities showed their grieve after hearing this sorrowful news through social media.
I hope the above given points on CDS Bipin Rawat would be helpful for you to know the glimpses of his journey.
- 10 Lines On Army Day
- 10 Lines On Indian Army
- 10 Lines On Indian Navy Day
- 10 Lines On Armed Forces Flag Day
FAQs: Frequently Asked Question on CDS Bipin Rawat
Ans. CDS or Chief of Defense Staff, is a top-ranked four-star officer of the Indian Armed Forces.
Ans. General Bipin Rawat was appointed as the first CDS of India.