Army day is celebrated every year on 15th January to commemorate the day when Lt. General K M Cariappa became India’s first commander in chief in January 1949. The Army Day is celebrated to pay honor and gratitude to our brave soldiers of the Indian army, both living and martyred who risk and sacrifice their lives to maintain the integrity and pride of the nation and protects us from external threats and enemies of our nation.
Ten Lines on Army Day in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Army Day in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraphs writing in your exams as well as in the school competitions. It will support you to complete your assignments related to this topic.
10 Lines on Army Day
1) Army Day is celebrated every year on 15th January in recognition of India’s first army commander in chief Lt. General KM Cariappa.
2) Army Day is celebrated to pay tribute to our soldiers who sacrifice their lives to protect us.
3) On 15 January 2019, India celebrated its 71st Army Day in New Delhi.
4) Army Day is celebrated at every army command headquarters in India by paying tribute to martyred soldiers.
5) Army Day celebration in capital New Delhi starts by paying tribute to our brave soldiers at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
6) Parade showcasing the technology and the achievements of army are carried out.
7) Bravery medals are awarded to soldiers for their sacrifice and valour on Army Day.
8) Various competitions like painting, photography, slogan writing competitions are also organized on the occasion of Army Day.
9) The transfer of power of army in the hands of Indian citizen on 15th January 1949 by the British General marked as Army Day in India.
10) First time in the history of Indian army, a woman officer Lt. Bhawana Kasturi was in charge of Army Day parade 2019 comprising of 144 male officers.
10 Lines and Sentences on Army Day
1) Army Day is celebrated to pay homage to our brave soldiers, alive or martyred, who risk their life for nation.
2) The exhibition of T-90 tanks, Brahmos missile, Advanced light helicopters and Tejas war planes during Army Day parade is the major attraction for nation.
3) Bravery and service excellence awards which are given to the soldiers on Army Day include Sena medals and Vishist Seva medals.
4) On 15th January 2019, Captain Shikha Surabhi led ‘Daredevil Team’ of 33 men performing daredevil stunts in Army Day parade.
5) President and Prime Minister greet Indian Army on the occasion of Army Day by paying homage to brave soldiers for their commitment to nation.
6) Army Chief, Chief of the Naval Staff and Air Chief Marshal pay tribute at Amar Jawan Jyoti on the occasion of Army Day.
7) Annual parade is organised at the Cariappa Parade Ground in New Delhi on occasion of the day.
8) Serving regiments of Indian Army take pledge on Army Day to maintain the integrity and pride of the nation.
9) Many schools and education institutes celebrate the Army Day by organising various activities like songs, poem, essay, poster making and dance competitions.
10) Military shows and parade are also organized at various locations across the nation on the occasion of Army Day.
5 Lines on Army Day
1) Army day is observed on 15th of January annually.
2) Lt. General KM Cariappa is remembered on this day.
3) This day thanks soldiers for their hard work.
4) Medal distribution is also organized.
5) Military cantonments celebrate the day with parades.
20 Lines on Army Day
1) Indian Army celebrates Army Day on 15th January since 1949.
2) The first thing is that from the day of 15th January 1949, the Indian Army was completely liberated from the British Army.
3) Secondly, on this day, General KM Cariappa was made Commander- in-Chief of the Indian Army.
4) Prior to this, the head of the Indian Army was Francis Butcher of British origin.
5) At that time there were only two lakh soldiers in the Indian Army.
6) Now 13 lakh Indian soldiers are in different positions in the army.
7) At the Amar Jawan Jyoti at Delhi’s India Gate, The president, P.M., and army chief pay tribute to the martyrs.
8) The widows of the martyrs are awarded with army medals and other awards.
9) A parade is held on this day in Delhi in which army displays its strength.
10) The day is celebrated in New Delhi and all army headquarters with military parades, military exhibitions and other official events.
11) Indian Army day is marked in memory of the numerous soldiers of India, who lost their lives while fighting courageously in the battlefield.
12) Field Marshal Kodendra Madappa Kariyappa, who took over as the first Commander of the Indian Army on the same day in 1949 replacing General Sir Francis Butcher of British origin.
13) That day became popularly known as Indian Army Foundation Day.
14) The soldiers show their skills of bike riding and other activities during the day and make the audience proud.
15) This day is especially dedicated to the army and it gives us a chance to show our love and respect towards soldiers.
16) On this day, all ministers and various officials gather at the Amar Jawan Jyoti to pay special tribute to the soldiers who sacrificed their lives to save ours’.
17) This day is considered to be a holy occasion for dedication to the country and inspiration to sacrifice.
18) This day also motivates the youth of the country to join the army.
19) Present time, Bipin Rawat is the Chief of the Indian Army and will attend a large army parade in Delhi on 15th January 2020.
20) On this day in 2019, he warned the neighboring country to stop insurgency otherwise they will have to face difficulties further by the Indian Armed forces.
Indian Army is all about selfless service and brotherhood. Our Army is third biggest military contingent after United States and China in the world. The Indian Army which controls the highest battlefield Siachen Glacier in the world is one of the biggest contributors to the United Nations peace operations. The Army Day provides a nation an opportunity to remember the valor and bravery of our soldiers who have risked their own life for safeguarding our nation and citizens from enemies.