International Customs Day is celebrated in the entire world to pay tribute to the work of customs officials and agencies and sustaining border security in the world. There are different agencies working in every nation and their contribution is valuable for the smooth functioning of the nation by the accomplishment of important duties. Some days in a year are dedicated to people working in such organizations and International customs day is one among them. Custom is the authority in a nation that plays a major role in the import and export of goods and the collection of taxes imposed on them by the government. The work they do requires excessive effort and is full of challenges.
Ten Lines on International Customs Day in English
This day is very important for school students and exam aspirants. They often get questions related to this important day in their regular or competitive exams. In the same reference, I have provided the sets of ten lines on the topic International Customs Day. I hope that this would be beneficial to all the students in getting a quick idea about the topic.
1) Every year 26th January is celebrated as International Customs Day.
2) The day marks the establishment of the World Customs Organization in the year 1953.
3) The celebration of this day was initiated by WCO since the year 1953.
4) The vision of the day is to make people aware of the role of custom officials and agencies.
5) It also highlights different challenges faced by custom officials in performing their duties.
6) Every employee of the World Customs Organization participates in the celebration of this day.
7) Several programmes like seminars, debates, speeches, etc focusing on the importance of this day are held in different parts of the world.
8) Employee appreciation events are also organized to appreciate officials for their outstanding contribution to the authority.
9) Workshops and conferences are also organized that highlights the challenges faced by the custom officials.
10) The day is celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm in different nations of the world.
1) The entire world celebrated 26th January as International Customs Day.
2) The day commemorates the formation of the World Custom Organization on 26th January in the year 1953.
3) International Customs Day was celebrated for the first time on 26th January in the year 1983.
4) The day was initiated by the Custom cooperation council after its formation in 1953.
5) World Customs Organization is the new name given to Custom Cooperation Council (CCC) in 1994.
6) WCO has it’s headquarter in Belgium and has 183 countries of the world are its members at present.
7) International customs day is meant to commemorate the effort of custom officials in ensuring safe and secure world trade management.
8) There is a provision of celebrating International Customs Day every year with a particular theme.
9) “Customs bolstering recovery, renewal, and resilience” was the theme for celebrating this international event in the year 2021.
10) Seminars, workshops, speeches, etc concentrating on the theme of the year are organized on this day.
World Custom organization is managing more than 98% of world trade at present. The customs officials perform their duty in a proper manner so that flow of the goods across the international borders in maintained in an efficient manner. This also fosters economy and relations between the different parts of the nation. Every member of WCO participates in the celebration of this international event. The celebration of this day in the year was focused on the resilience of the economy, businesses, and supply chain after a great loss because of the outbreak of covid-19.
I have provided the details of the topic International customs day in the sets of ten lines presented above. I hope that you will find the information useful and would have enjoyed reading about the International customs day.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions On International Customs Day
Ans. India became a member of the World customs organization on16th of July in the year 2018.
Ans. The former name of the World custom organization was Customs Co-operation Council.
Ans. Kunio Mikuriya is the secretary-general of WCO from 2009 till present.
Ans. 183 countries of the world are members of the WCO.