There are 365 days in a year in which some days that have a special significance. It might be the festival days or days related to some popular personalities. The celebration of some popular days is a way to give tribute to the contribution of the famous personalities in that particular field. I hope that you all have heard about the National Mathematics Day celebration in India on 22nd December.
Ten Lines on National Mathematics Day in English
This topic is very important for the students of classes 1-12 and exam aspirants. I have provided two sets on ten lines on National Mathematics Day. This will provide you with a brief and quick idea about the topic.
1) Every year 22nd December is observed as National Mathematics Day in India.
2) The day marks the birthday of famous Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
3) National Mathematics day is celebrated to honor the contributions of Srinivasa Ramanujan in the field of mathematics.
4) This day for the first time was celebrated on 26th February 2012 on the 125th birthday of Srinivasa Ramanujan (a great mathematician of India).
5) The credit for the initiation of this great day goes to our former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
6) The vision behind celebrating this day is to make people aware of the importance of mathematics in their life.
7) It also encourages the younger generations to develop love and interest in studying mathematics.
8) National Mathematics Day is celebrated with great enthusiasm in educational institutions throughout the nation.
9) Several workshops, seminars, quiz debate, and discussion on the achievements of Srinivasa Ramanujan is held on this day.
10) Children from different parts of the nation participate in these programs and workshops.
1) 22nd December is regarded as the mathematics day in India since 2012.
2) The day commemorates the birth anniversary of great mathematics scholar Srinivasa Ramanujan.
3) He was a very genius student and was able to solve difficult math problems at a very small age.
4) Srinivasa Ramanujan was also given the title of ‘man who knew infinity’.
5) He was born in a Tamil Brahmin Iyengar family on 22nd December in the year 1887.
6) He gave more than 3500 mathematical identities and equations to the world at such a small age.
7) Different activities and programs are organized in the nation to commemorate the day.
8) Ramanujan Math Park established in Chittoor city of Andhra Pradesh on this day in the year 2017 was to honor the great Indian mathematician.
9) The achievements of the great mathematician are discussed on this day to pay tribute to him.
10) Srinivasa Ramanujan died due to tuberculosis on 26th April 1920 at a very small age of 33 years.
Srinivasa Ramanujan was brilliant student as he was able to solve very difficult problems of mathematics at a very small age. He never has obtained any kind of formal training in the field of pure mathematics. It was his great interest for this subject that resulted in his notable achievements. He had a capability of developing his own research in mathematics. This great Indian mathematics scholar’s contribution to the field of mathematics like Ramanujan prime, Ramanujan theta function, partition formula, mock theta functions had provided a great scope for further research in mathematics. He was a spiritual person and dedicated his mathematical knowledge and all achievements in this field to the God.
I think that the above provided sets of 10 Points on National Mathematics Day will be helpful to all of you in getting information about the National Mathematics Day. I hope that you all will love and enjoy reading these sets of ten lines.
- 10 Lines on International Meatless Day
- 10 Lines on Child Rights Day
- 10 Lines on International Anti-Corruption Day
- 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on National Mathematics Day
Ans. The birth of mathematics took place in the country Greece.
Ans. Archimedes is regarded as the father of Mathematics.
Ans. Every year 14th March is celebrated as international day of Mathematics.
Ans. The IQ of Srinivasa Ramanujan is 185.
Ans. The number “1729” is stated as Hardy-Ramanujan number.