On this day, we need to memorize the person behind this celebration. Sadhu Thanwardas Lilaram Vaswani was an educationalist, who worked hard for the upliftment of the education system in the country. He founded St. Mira School in Hyderabad. Apart from his social works, he had unconditional love for every living being. In order to commemorate his vision to stop killing animals, this day is celebrated across the world.
Ten Lines on International Meatless Day in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on International Meatless Day in the form of sets. It would be helpful for you to know the importance and significance of this day.
1) International Meatless Day is celebrated every year on 25 November.
2) It is celebrated to promote a vegetarian lifestyle in the country.
3) This day is marked as Sadhu Vaswani Jayanti (birthday of Sadhu TL Vaswani).
4) This campaign was started by Sadhu Vaswani Mission.
5) Its main aim is to spread awareness to stop killing animals.
6) Many butcher shops remain closed on this day.
7) This day is observed as an important day for the Animals Rights group.
8) In many cities, peace marches and rallies are organized on this day.
9) This day is also known as International Vegetarian day or SAK (Stop all Killing Association) Meatless Day.
10) On this day, people across the country take pledges to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle.
1) This celebration has been practiced since 25 November 1986.
2) In order to mark this day, Bengaluru has banned the sale of meat.
3) This day gained significance due to increasing vegan population.
4) An official notice has been issued to shutdown butcher shops in states of Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
5) This day also highlights the nutritional benefits of veggies.
6) On this day non-vegetarians are requested to have a vegetarian diet.
7) Foods like meat are not very healthy and are difficult to digest.
8) Many celebrities take part in peace march to increase participation and publicity of this campaign.
9) Other countries like Singapore, London, Europe, Japan, etc celebrate this day.
10) In India, this day is observed on a large scale.
Animals do have rights to live. Killing them only for the sake of taste and joy is not acceptable. Being vegan would be beneficial not only for animals but also for humans. The vegetables contain several vitamins and minerals which are not present in the animal foods. Therefore, having veggies in your diet at least once a week is very important for a healthy body.
I wish the above given 10 points on International Meatless Day would be fruitful for you to keen knowledge about this campaign.
Related Links :
- 10 Lines on International Anti-Corruption Day
- 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India
- 10 Lines on World Heritage Week
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on International Meatless Day
Ans. Anyone can take a pledge to be vegetarian by visiting the official site of this campaign.
Ans. Yes, they should take pledges to show their gratitude and steps to support this campaign.