Naraka Chaturdashi is a part of the grand festival of Diwali. It is celebrated one day before Diwali and is an important part of the Diwali festival. Naraka Chaturdashi is a festival that people from many other religions also celebrate with huge enthusiasm. Falling on one day before Diwali, the Schools and Colleges on this day remain closed and the people observe the festival with their families at home.
Ten Lines on Naraka Chaturdashi
1) Naraka Chaturdashi is a Hindu festival celebrated grandly by Hindus everywhere.
2) It falls on the 14th day of ‘Krishna Paksha’ of Hindu month ‘Ashvin’.
3) It is celebrated because the demon “Narakashura” was killed on this day by Lord Krishna.
4) Applying Kajal on eyes after having a fresh bath is an important part of the ritual.
5) There is also a ritual of bathing with oil mixture of sesame on this day.
6) Tempting lighting is done by people around and on their houses.
7) The Yamraj is worshipped in the evening of Naraka Chaturdashi.
8) Since it is celebrated one day before Diwali so is also called Chhoti Diwali.
9) People light candles and lamps around their houses and make the society illuminated.
10) Children enjoy this day by cracking firecrackers all night like Diwali.
Now the 2nd set of 10 lines on Naraka Chaturdashi is provided below to deliver you all the left information which equally matters. The set is prepared in such a way that it will help you a lot in preparing your own essay, speech, article or any other project on the topic. For better understanding, we have kept the sentences very easy. So let’s not make any further delay.
1) Naraka Chaturdashi is also called the Kali Chaudas, Chhoti Diwali and Narak Niwaran Chaturdashi, etc.
2) It is celebrated one day before the great festival of Diwali.
3) Naraka Chaturdashi is a kind of harvest festival in India.
4) Also in some parts of India, it is said that the demon “Narakasur” was killed by Goddess Kali.
5) Also, people on this day bathe after applying sandal paste on their bodies.
6) Lord Hanuman is also worshipped in some parts of India on the occasion.
7) Bathing with oil and sesame mixing together keeps you away from going to hell.
8) Bathing before sunrise on Naraka Chaturdashi is considered to be the best.
9) Naraka Chaturdashi is the only day to keep you away from hell by performing rituals.
10) Naraka Chaturdashi is not only celebrated in India but also by the Hindus in abroad.
So undoubtedly the Naraka Chaturdashi is one of the major festivals in India. It is observed to mark the victory of Gods over evils and demons. Naraka Chaturdashi is all about keeping ourselves neat and clean so that we can keep evils away from us. We should forget the enmity on this day should warmly welcome everyone in our homes and offer them tasty foods and drinks that are prepared in our homes. In some parts, people also celebrate by exchanging gifts and wishes as well.