Youth is a period in the life of a person when he is young; generally it is considered as a period between childhood and maturity. A person or a group of persons who attains this age range is called youth. It can be said in another way as the freshness, vigour, agility, thinking in high spirit in order to bring change are the characteristics of youth.
According to UN, youth is person whose age is between 15 to 24. “International Youth Day” is celebrated worldwide on 12th of August every year; “National Youth Day” is also celebrated in India on 12th January on the occasion of “Swami Vivekananda’s” birthday.
Ten Lines on Youth in English
Below we are giving a set of 10 lines on youth, after reading these lines you can very well understand about being a youth. You can mention these lines in your paragraphs and essays in the upcoming events in your school and club, especially on the occasion of “International Youth Day” on 12th august.
10 Lines on Youth – 1
1) Youth is defined as a time in a person’s life when a person is young.
2) As per UN a youth is considered as in the age group of 15 to 24 years.
3) We can identify a youth who has vigour, zeal and zest, agility, creative and innovative thinking and tendency to change the world.
4) A youth must be decisive, fearless of taking risks and decisions, brave, goal oriented, kind and humble.
5) A youth creates a positive and encouraging atmosphere in his/her group.
6) If a young person tries to get involved in a work its not that he wants to relax but because he wants to meet new people and make new friends.
7) A youth remains the same person; his attitude doesn’t change on influence.
8) He connects and gets in touch with everybody with enthusiasm, passion, encouragement as everybody can give their contribution.
9) He is knowledgeable and keeps all the necessary information regarding, before starting any work.
10) He must be optimistic, positive, cheerful as he must know life is a game of ups and downs, and bad days are always replaced by good days.
We have provided another set of 10 lines on youth so as to make you well informed about the characteristics and quality of youth. You can include these lines in your speech and presentation in the seminars organised on “National Youth Day” on 12th January, which is the birthday of “Swami Vivekananda”.
10 Lines on Youth – 2
1) India has more than 50 percent of the population of youth who are under the age of 25 years.
2) More than 65 percent of the youth are in India under 35 years of age.
3) Among world youth population, India tops in the list of having the number of youths with approximately 600 million.
4) Among the internet user population, 75 percent of that population comes under 35 years of age.
5) The general elections which were held in 2014, there were 150 million new voters.
6) Despite having good colleges and universities, we run short on resources to make so many youths educated and employable.
7) Today’s youth is scared and insecured about his future, not with the aspect of the job but the quality and condition of his life.
8) Youth of today’s world has become materialistic; he compares happiness and all positive aspects of life with money and commodities.
9) Social media has also distracted the youth of India; fake news has created a sense of hatred among the youth.
10) Internet, social media and movies have affected the mind of youth negatively, for quick money they commit crime. Ex- terrorism in Kashmir.
Youth are lifeline of any country, who have the ability to create, make and shape a new world order and if youth are involved in nation building, they can make our India great. The problem is we are unable to handle our youth properly, they will respond to us equally if we respond them with sense of love and affection. There was a special message from Swami Vivekananda to the youth of India, “Arise, Awake and stop not until the goal is achieved”.