Uttar Pradesh is an Indian state that is located in the northern part of the country.Do you love traveling? If yes, then you must surely have planned a tour to India. To enjoy the rich culture and tradition of this country, many people choose to visit India once in their lifetime. If you have a list of places to visit in India, then it must contain a place located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh holds a spiritual place in the hearts of people across the country. Let’s discuss this state in detail.
Ten Lines on Uttar Pradesh in English
Here, I’m presenting ten lines on Uttar Pradesh in the form of sets, this topic will be useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. The language is kept simple for easy understanding of kids.
1) After India became a republic, Uttar Pradesh, an Indian state was established in 1950.
2) Uttar Pradesh has 75 districts, 18 divisions, 915 urban bodies, and 8135 Nyaya panchayats.
3) Govind Ballabh Pant was the first CM of Uttar Pradesh declared on 26 January 1950.
4) Lucknow is the capital of the state and Allahabad is the judicial capital.
5) By area, Uttar Pradesh is termed as the fourth largest state in India.
6) It is counted among the most populous as well as most polluted states of India.
7) Uttar Pradesh contributes the second largest state economy in the country.
8) Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport (Varanasi) and Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport (Lucknow) are the two international airports in the state.
9) Hindi is the most spoken as well as the official language of the state.
10) Uttar Pradesh shares borders with Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
1) The state is connected with Nepal by sharing an international border.
2) Ayodhya, Varanasi, Allahabad, Kushinagar, Vrindavan, Agra, and Aligarh are the famous tourist destinations in Uttar Pradesh.
3) Varanasi, Lucknow, Kanpur, Meerut, Allahabad, and Agra are considered the largest cities of UP.
4) The state experiences four seasons with a sub-tropical climate.
5) Farming is the major occupation in Uttar Pradesh.
6) The state acquires 240,928 km2 of area.
7) The count of metropolitan cities in UP is more than in other Indian cities.
8) 70% of the country’s sugar is from this state, hence considered the largest producer of sugarcane.
9) Uttar Pradesh is blessed with 31 rivers including Ganga, Sarayu, Yamuna, etc.
10) Uttar Pradesh consists of 45 universities out of which there are 5 central universities.
The state of Uttar Pradesh represents a different kind of culture and variation. Apart from being a wonderful state, it also reports the highest crime rates. It is considered as the highest crime rate state of India but due to the large population, per capita crime has decreased. Also, there is the maximum number of communal violence.
I hope the above given ten points on Uttar Pradesh will be helpful for you to know the various aspects of this state in detail.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Uttar Pradesh
Ans. From 19 March 2017, Yogi Adityanath is the current Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Ans. According to the 2021 census, the reported population of Uttar Pradesh is about 23.50 crores.