Captain Vikram Batra was a young soldier who sacrificed his life in a war at a very young age.
Most of the People live life for their family but there are few people who live their life for the nation. We need to salute the mothers of these sons, who have great guts to sacrifice their life. We should be thankful to the soldiers, we are safe at our home only because of them. Today, we will discuss about one such soldier Captain Vikram Batra.
Ten Lines on Vikram Batra in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Captain Vikram Batra in the form of sets. This topic is helpful for everyone to know the various aspects of his life in short period of time.
1) On 9 September 1974 Monday, Vikram Batra was born in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh.
2) He was the son of Kamal Kanta Batra and Girdhari Lal Batra.
3) He was an Indian army officer popularly known for the Kargil war.
4) Vikram Batra was keenly interested in joining the army since childhood.
5) Batra passed the CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination in 1996.
6) Batra entered the Indian Army as a lieutenant on 6 December 1997.
7) After capturing point 5140 in the 1999 Kargil War, he was promoted to captain.
8) He was honored with Param Vir Chakra on 15 August 1999.
9) Due to his courage and valor, he was also referred as ‘Lion of Kargil’ and ‘Kargil hero’.
10) Vikram died in the Kargil war on 7 July 1999, Wednesday.
1) Vikram was selected in the Indian Army and was among the top 35 merit candidates.
2) In Jammu Kashmir, at Sopore, district of Baramulla, Batra got his first posting.
3) In June 1996, he joined Manekshaw Battalion, in Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun.
4) The air Wing Award was presented to him as the best NCC cadet in North India.
5) He was a good sportsman with a green belt in Karate.
6) On 19 June 1999, he was ordered to recapture peak 5140 with his Delta company.
7) Despite being injured, he was successful in capturing peak 5140 by killing three soldiers alone.
8) On 29 June 1999, he spoke last time with his mother in a phone call.
9) At the age of 24, Vikram sacrificed his life fighting with the enemy in the Kargil war.
10) A movie named ‘Shershaah’ was made about his life in the year 2021.
Captain Vikram Batra is remembered for his sacrifice towards the nation. There are many people who lost their lives in wars. To commemorate these brave sons of the country, Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year. Various colleges and universities are renamed after Vikram Batra, to honor him. Also, in DAV college of Chandigarh, a statue of Captain Vikram Batra is standing.
I hope the above given ten points on Captain Vikram Batra will be helpful to give you glimpses of his life.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Vikram Batra
Ans. ‘Yeh Dil Mange More’ (this heart wants more), was the success signal of Captain Vikram Batra.
Ans. Captain Vikram Batra was given the code name ‘Shershaah’, during the Kargil war.