SAARC or the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation is an organization comprised of eight countries referred to as member states. SAARC was founded by seven countries; later in 2015 Afghanistan requested membership. However, Turkey and Russia are in the queue to join SAARC membership. It has 8-member states and 9 observer states. The observer state includes Iran, Japan, China, Australia, the European Union, the United States, Mauritius, the Republic of Korea, and Myanmar.
Ten Lines on SAARC Charter Day in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on SAARC Charter Day in form of sets. It will be helpful for students of all classes to acquire important knowledge about this topic in a short period of time.
1) The SAARC Charter Day is observed every year on 8 December.
2) The full form of SAARC is South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.
3) This day is observed on account of the SAARC Charter signed in 1985.
4) The SAARC Charter was signed at the first SAARC Summit held in Dhaka by the leader company of SAARC.
5) Since 2014, South Asian University observe this day every year.
6) It is an occasion dedicated to the work done by the SAARC organization.
7) The main motive of SAARC is to generate and promote peace and prosperity among the countries.
8) The year 2021 will be celebrated as the 37th SAARC Charter Day.
9) Some special commemorative events are organized on this day.
10) On the occasion of the 25th SAARC day celebration, a commemorative stamp was released by the chairman of SAARC.
1) In 1985,the SAARC Organization was formed. However, the idea was initiated in May 1980.
2) SAARC members decided to develop their own countries through their mutual support.
3) This association works on the economic,social, and structural growth of their concerned countries.
4) SAARC's founding members are Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Maldives, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Pakistan.
5) SAARC consists of some of the main objectives, such as promoting peace,independent life, and social justice for their citizens.
6) The last SAARC summit attended by India was held in 2014 in Kathmandu (Nepal).
7) Since 1985, 18 SAARC summits were held till 2020.
8) There are 10 articles in the SAARC Charter.
9) SAARC countries collaboratively fought against the Covid pandemic.
10) SAARC virtual meeting was also held during the times of pandemic.
Various SAARC summits are organized among the member-states. The first SAARC summit was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1985. The results of these summits are some decisions and declarations. At the concluding session, every member-states have to adopt and rely on the decisions.Member-states are responsible for conducting the summits. Every member-state is given the chance in alphabetical order.
I hope the above given 10 points on SAARC Charter Day would be beneficial for you to boost your knowledge regarding this topic.
- 10 Lines on Indian Navy Day
- 10 Lines on All India Handicrafts Week
- 10 Lines on International Volunteer Day
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on SAARC Charter Day
Ans. Esala Ruwan Weerakoon is the current president of SAARC.
Ans. India is a founding member and hence part of SAARC since 1985.