Plants are very important for the ecological system of earth. They not only provide oxygen but also support variety of herbivorous animals that depend on plants for their food. They also act as the main source of vegetarian food for mankind. The food we eat, be it bread, rice, pulses, vegetables etc. they all come from plants. They also hold an ecosystem within them.
Many organism, species, animals etc depend on plants for their survival. They also help in pollination, a process which helps in sustaining many plant species.
Ten Lines on Plants in English
Below are the 10 lines on plants which provide you a crisp and compact knowledge on the topic.
10 Lines on Plants - 1
1) Plants play a vital role in maintaining the ecosystem of our planet.
2) They are the main source of food for majority of species including humans.
3) Photosynthesis is the process by which plants produce their own food in presence of sunlight.
4) Plants are also used as medicine especially in Ayurvedic treatment.
5) Plants host a large amount of parasites and organisms on them.
6) There are more than 300 thousand species of plants on earth.
7) Plants play a major role in oxygen supply and around 20% of earth’s oxygen is generated from Amazon forests.
8) Chlorophyll is the pigment present in the leaves which makes it look green.
9) Banana plant is considered as the largest growing herb.
10) Study of plants comes under Botany.
Here is another set of 10 lines on plants for your easiness and help you better understand the importance of plants. You can easily understand and learn these lines for your exams, school assignments, paragraph recitation in the class or other purposes:
10 Lines on Plants – 2
1) Plants are very important for maintaining the suitable conditions for the survival of species.
2) They help in maintaining the atmosphere and producing oxygen.
3) Plants in oceans are very important for the survival of the aquatic species that depends on them for food.
4) They help in absorbing harmful gases and keep the environment clean.
5) Plants are the major source of nutrients which are very much essential for human survival.
6) Plants help in absorbing carbon dioxide thus fight global warming.
7) They also provide habitat to many species and organisms.
8) Leaf is the part of the plant which helps them in respiration.
9) Bamboo is considered as the tallest grass on earth.
10) Branch of Botany which studies the plants fossil and its evolution is called as Paleobotany.
Plants are very important for every species alive on earth. It helps them providing shelter, food, and habitat. It also helps in fighting pollution and global warming and helps in maintaining the global temperature and save us from scorching heat.