It feels great in the summer season when we are walking on clear sunny noon with the Sun directly above our head, and suddenly we see a large tree nearby. We don't want to miss the opportunity to take rest under it. Trees benefit us in many ways. Do you know that every large tree was a tiny plant some years ago? Let's read about plants through the sets of 10 lines below.
Ten Lines on Plants
1) Plants play a vital role in maintaining the ecosystem of our planet.
2) They are the main source of food for the majority of species, including humans.
3) Photosynthesis is the process by which plants produce their food in the presence of sunlight.
4) Plants also provide us with medicine, especially in Ayurvedic treatment.
5) Plants host a large number of parasites and organisms on them.
6) There are more than 300 thousand species of plants on earth.
7) Plants play a major role in oxygen supply, and around 20% of earth’s oxygen originated from Amazon forests.
8) Chlorophyll is the pigment present in the leaves, which makes it look green.
9) The banana plant is the largest growing herb.
10) Study of plants comes under Botany.
1) Plants are very important for maintaining the suitable conditions for the survival of species.
2) They help in maintaining the atmosphere and producing oxygen.
3) Plants in oceans are very important for the survival of the aquatic species that depend on them for food.
4) They help in absorbing harmful gases and keep the environment clean.
5) Plants are the major source of nutrients which are very much essential for human survival.
6) Plants help in absorbing carbon dioxide, thus fight global warming.
7) They also provide habitat to many species and organisms.
8) A leaf is the part of the plant which helps them in respiration.
9) Bamboo is the tallest grass on earth.
10) Branch of Botany which studies the plants' fossil and its evolution is Paleobotany.
1) The plant is a living organism growing in a permanent site, with the help of water.
2) There are many different varieties of plants on planet earth.
3) Many plants provide food, and some have medicinal uses.
4) Some plants are a good source of water for the humans who consume them.
5) Plants have a well developed metabolic system of their own.
6) Plants raise the oxygen level of a place and reduce the carbon dioxide level.
7) Plants keep the temperature of urban areas under control.
8) Plants have leaves through which the process of photosynthesis takes place.
9) A plant usually has a very high percentage of water, around 95%.
10) A plant dies in the absence of soil and water.
1) Water, soil and sunlight are essential for plants to survive.
2) Plants like Chinese evergreen and Dumb cane can live inside in water.
3) Some plants like snake plant and ponytail palm require less water to grow.
4) Plants take energy from the sun through a process called photosynthesis.
5) The roots of the plants help them in being static in the soil.
6) Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world.
7) Some species of plants are carnivorous, and they eat insects and small animals.
8) Almost all of earth’s land area has plants of various species.
9) Plants have a waxy layer on their surface which prevents them from drying out.
10) Plants can divide into two groups – vascular and non-vascular.
Plants are very important for every species alive on earth. It helps them providing shelter, food, and habitat. It also helps in fighting pollution and global warming and helps in maintaining the global temperature and save us from scorching heat.