Internet can be considered as one of the latest invention done by human being that has revolutionised the style of working and living. It has almost reduced the distance and has broken all the man-made barriers and brought whole world at our fingertips.
It has brought information at our doorstep and by the click of a button we can enter into the world of information. All we need is a computer or a laptop, and a medium of internet. Today internet has become so common that it is readily available in whole world. Nowadays, we don’t need even computer or laptop, with the entry of smartphones and 3G as well as 4G technology internet access has become easier and faster.
Ten Lines on Internet in English
We have provided ten lines on internet in English. After reading these lines you can know that what is internet, simple definition of internet, what is the another name of internet and what is ‘www’, what is DARPA, what is ARPANET, when www was started, which things internet provides, what is the use of internet, what is an e-mail etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. You can also use these lines while writing short paragraph on internet, speech on internet for students, essay on internet, importance of internet essay etc.
10 Lines on Internet – Set 1
1) Internet is a global network which connects lots of computers across the world.
2) Internet is sometimes also called as “the net” and “world wide web” (www) is the biggest platform for informative resources.
3) Internet was started in United States as “US Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency” (DARPA).
4) Internet was first connected in October 1969 and was called “Advanced Research Project Agency Network” (ARPANET).
5) World Wide Web was created at CERN research centre in Geneva, Switzerland in 1990 by a British scientist named Tim Berners Lee.
6) Internet is a great electronic gateway which provides quick access to the global news and information.
7) Data, files, documents and other resources are readily available on the internet which contain huge amount of information.
8) Through internet we can send “electronic mail” i.e. “e-mail” or chat online with people sitting in different continent.
9) We can transfer our files either by uploading the document on internet or downloading any document from internet to our computer.
10) We can fill online forms of different schools, colleges, universities, institutions as well as of different competitive exams.
We have provided another set of ten lines on internet. After going through these lines, you will know that what internet means, how internet is received, what is the biggest advantage of internet, how internet helps us, what are the uses of internet, what are the disadvantages of internet etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on internet and its usages and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Internet – Set 2
1) Internet is known as the network of networks which is connected via satellite, telephone lines and optical fibre cables.
2) Internet is a global electronic community where millions of computers are connected with each other.
3) The biggest advantage of internet is that it opens the world of information with the click of a button.
4) Internet helps to collect information from the storage space of the servers which are called as websites.
5) We can read books online by visiting libraries which are thousand miles away from us.
6) Through internet we can purchase anything and can also order food items which can be delivered at our home.
7) Via internet we can do all banking and financial transactions, can send and receive money online and do online payments.
8) Internet has disadvantages too; it can also leak data and our personal information through virus and malware programmes.
9) Social media, another use of internet, can create disturbances in society or between nations through a malicious content.
10) Online financial fraud can be done with anybody and illicit pictures and videos can be sent and uploaded on internet evading our privacy.
Internet is a very useful and a beautiful creation which human being has invented for its use. Through internet we receive news and information; we can watch videos, movies and listen to songs. We can also communicate by sending e-mails, chat online with friends and there are lots of numerous usages which anybody can imagine.
But internet has disadvantages also, internet viruses are sent to the computers and hackers can hack the computer system, commit online fraud, send illicit contents over the internet and can create disturbance in society and country. Internet is a boon to the people but it should be also used in manner so that it does not affect our normal living and privacy.