We know that Indian society is democratic, secular which runs on the goal of “unity in diversity” but intolerance puts a brake on the social and secular fabric of Indian society.
Indian constitution has given fundamental rights to each and every citizen of India in which he can live anywhere, work anywhere and nobody can stop him by doing so. Religious intolerance is the prime form of intolerance and other types of intolerance are ethnic, caste based, regional, linguistic etc. Intolerance poses a dent on the social fabric of the Indian society which spreads hatred among the people and even forces them to commit serious crimes.
Ten Lines on Intolerance in English
We have provided ten lines on intolerance in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is intolerance, how intolerance starts, why tolerance is essential, from where we get the traces of intolerance, which is the biggest example of intolerance, what are different types of intolerance, what measures should be taken by the government and other agencies.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. This will also help you while writing tolerance essay for students, essay on tolerance for class 3, class 4, class 5, class 6, class 7 and class 8.
10 Lines on Intolerance – Set 1
1) Intolerance is the unwillingness of accepting the views, beliefs, faiths of any other person who belongs to other cast, religion etc.
2) Intolerance starts from arguments and discussions on any topic which takes the shape of violence against each other.
3) Tolerance is essential for completing and combining the society whereas intolerance leads to dividing and destroying the society.
4) We can see the traces of intolerance from earlier parts of our history where foreign invasions were taking place.
5) The Mughal invasion and the British invasion in India, all started intolerance and tried to change India according to them.
6) The biggest example of intolerance is the partition of India and Pakistan where many people of two religions were killed.
7) Still we can see intolerance in India on religious, ethnic, linguistic, regional basis which creates hatred among the people.
8) Indian constitution says India is a secular country and anybody of any religion can live and do his job in a better way.
9) In order to have peace, government and law & order administration has to become strict on those people who are involved in intolerant activities.
10) People should save themselves from rumours and check the authenticity of news before believing on it.
We have provided another set of ten lines on intolerance. After going through these lines, you will know that what principle does India practices, what dangers intolerance poses, what is mob-lynching, what are some examples of intolerance at large scale, is intolerance worldwide, what steps law and order administration must take to prevent intolerance etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on intolerance and it will also be very useful in spreading awareness among people.
10 Lines on Intolerance – Set 2
1) India is a country which follows the principle of “unity in diversity” and secularism is the heart and soul of the country.
2) Intolerance is such a stigma which poses threat on secularism and unity in diversity and tries to divide the society and country.
3) Today intolerance is spread at such a level that one person might even kill another person on some petty issue which he thinks is important.
4) “Mob- lynching” is an example of intolerance where people of one community are killed for allegedly carrying objectionable item.
5) Mega form of intolerance is religious intolerance which results in riots between two communities.
6) Internet and social media fuel intolerance by spreading fake news and spreading hatred among two groups and sections.
7) Intolerance is not only a matter of India but it is spread in all over the world like Pakistan, America, Iraq and Syria and many more.
8) Government and police must nab the culprits who are trying to spread violence through intolerance.
9) Newspapers and channels must investigate the fake news which is creating intolerance and violence among the people.
10) We the people should also try not to spread any fake news on internet and social media and immediately inform the police before any causality happen.
A varied set of Ten Lines on Intolerance is being provided below for the perusal of avid readers that will provide you the knowledge that what intolerance is. You will know through these special points about the consequences of Intolerance on an individual and on the society.
This set of Ten Lines on Intolerance will also give you some important information of increasing rate of intolerance among the people on the basis of religion all around the world.
10 Lines on Intolerance – Set 3
1) Intolerance is a state of rejection of people's thoughts, beliefs or behavior that is different from their own.
2) This can give rise to high level of hatred, crimes and discrimination in the society.
3) This gives rise to a state of denial in the mind and heart of any person, anything (action or behavior) that occurs against his will or practice.
4) It does not allow people to live with equality, discipline, freedom or other social rights.
5) Intolerance in society usually arises due to caste, culture, gender, religion or any intolerable practice.
6) Intolerance forbids a person from going together, following practices or ideas by people of different religion, race or nationality.
7) Therefore, in the state of intolerance there are many quarrels among people of different religions or castes etc.
8) Intolerance separates the people living in society and it acts as a division of nations.
9) It destroys the growing power of any country by setting people against people of different groups.
10) Intolerance is a dangerous and unacceptable quality that must be suppressed to thrive in society.
The fourth set of Ten Lines on Intolerance has been provided here that will make you able to understand about intolerance growing in today’s world and India is also not untouched with this social evil. This set of Ten Lines on Intolerance will also suggest you some measures about how to overcome from it for the smooth running of the society.
10 Lines on Intolerance – Set 4
1) Intolerance is a practice adopted by some people of the society, which aims to violate the policies of different religions, castes, community, their practices and beliefs etc.
2) Intolerance is one of the biggest obstacles for our society, country and this whole world, due to which violence continues to occur.
3) Intolerance is very dangerous for any country because it divides the people of a nation.
4) Intolerance gives rise to bad conditions in the society due to which disputes and denials lead to quarrels among the people.
5) Intolerance is a terrible and unacceptable quality that must be suppressed for the upliftment of society.
6) Intolerance makes the human mind narrow and prevents it from accepting positive reforms.
7) The problem of intolerance can be solved to a great extent with good education, development of tolerance and better use of compromises etc.
8) Children should be taught to practice tolerance since the school life itself.
9) Education is the best way to promote tolerance and peaceful coexistence in society.
10) The media should also select positive images to promote tolerance and understanding of cultural sensitivity.
Intolerance worries people, whether it is religious intolerance, regional, ethnic or linguistic. It also poses threats to the society and a nation as a whole. Intolerance defies the principles and norms of Indian constitution which advocates unity in diversity. Our country is a democratic and secular nation and everyone has equal rights to live their lives. In democracy it is very common that people might differ on views and opinions but through peaceful debates and discussions it can be sorted out easily for a healthy society.