Flood is the accumulation and overflowing of water from the water bodies like rivers, lakes and ponds due to heavy rainfall. Flood creates huge problems to the people residing in the flooded areas. It highly affects the normal livelihood of the people and destroys agriculture produce affecting farmers.
There are many parts of the world which are vulnerable to floods including India. The main places which face frequent floods are the coastal areas where floods occur due to cyclones. The aftermath of floods are more dangerous as it may give rise to epidemics, snake bites, infestation etc.
Ten Lines on Flood in English
We have provided ten lines on floods in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is flood, what flood does, how flood occurs, who are affected by flood, what are the effects of flood, when double damage is caused by flood, what steps should be taken to control floods etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. This will also help you while writing flood essay, essay of flood scene, and essay on natural disasters etc.
10 Lines on Flood – 1
1) Flood is the overflow of water in huge amount covering a large area which causes destruction.
2) Flood not only destroys a big area, but also takes many lives and damages properties.
3) Many parts of the world are getting affected by floods every year which claims lots of lives.
4) Flood occurs due to excessive rainfall and lack of proper drainage system in an area.
5) Sometimes floods also occur as an after effect of terrible cyclone in a region which creates double damage.
6) The worst affected people of flood are the farmers as flood destroys their crops as well as fertility of their land.
7) Flood water collected at a particular place causes various types of diseases to the people.
8) When the condition of flood is severe then all the shops are closed which affects the supply of necessary items.
9) Government must construct good drainage system so that the impact of floods can be reduced.
10) Implementation of early warning system should be done and people should be sent to safe places before the occurrence of floods.
We have provided another set of ten lines on flood. After going through these lines, you will know what a flood means, what is slow on-set flood, what is rapid on-set flood, what is a flash flood, how flood affects people, what steps must be taken to escape flood etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on flood and it will also be very useful in the seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Flood – 2
1) Flood is a natural disaster where water accumulation kills lots of people and destroys the growth and development of that place.
2) Floods are generally caused due to continuous rainfall in a single place or when river crosses its limits and starts overflowing.
3) There are three types of floods, one is “Slow On-set Flood” in which river overflows and enters nearby area, and it develops slowly and lasts for few days to weeks.
4) Another type is “Rapid On-set Flood” which can occur in a small time covering a large area; the intensity of this flood lasts for one to two days.
5) Last one is “Flash Flood” which can occur within a very few hours or few minutes; it is caused due to excessive rainfall in an area.
6) Flood poses threat to life where many people and animals die as well as many diseases are spread in the area.
7) The electricity supply gets interrupted for uncertain period and passing of current through wires are also common incidents.
8) Flood warning systems need to be installed so that people can be relocated to safe places.
9) Buildings should be constructed far from flood prone areas avoiding the damage of properties and lives of the people.
10) Government should take quick steps to distribute food items and clothing in the flood affected areas.
Flood is a natural disaster which not only takes the lives of the people but also destroys the infrastructure and growth of a place. Who can forget recent floods in Kerala and floods of Tamil Nadu. The states which face frequent floods due to cyclones are Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu etc. To prevent people from facing the dangers of flood “National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF)” was made which makes proper arrangements right from relocating people to safe places to finding people who are trapped in flood through boats and helicopters.