Tsunamis are one of the most dangerous natural disasters. Tsunami is the strong waves caused due to volcanic eruption or earthquake inside the water bodies. They are rare events but are very dangerous. Tsunamis are the major threat to the people living near the oceans or any large water bodies.
Ten Lines on World Tsunami Awareness Day in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on “World Tsunami Awareness Day” in the form of sets in very easy language, so that you can easily understand this topic in very less time.
1) The World Tsunami Awareness Day (WTAD) is celebrated every year on 5 November.
2) The UN General Assembly mentioned 5 November as “World Tsunami Awareness Day” on 22 December 2015.
3) The idea of celebrating Tsunami Awareness Day was developed in Japan.
4) Because of Japanese story “Inamura-no-hi” (burning of rice sheaves), 5 November is marked for this celebration.
5) It aimed at spreading awareness among the citizens regarding its danger and effects.
6) On 5 November 2016, the first World Tsunami Awareness Day was celebrated.
7) It plays an important role in the implementation of Sendai framework.
8) It is celebrated to protect the precious lives of people.
9) This day highlights the importance of early warning and tsunami fighting plans.
10) Many events like seminars, conferences, campaigns, etc are organized on this day to spread awareness.
1) 6th anniversary of the World Tsunami Awareness Day will be celebrated in the year 2021.
2) It is sponsored by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).
3) Resolution A/RES/70/203 was made to raise tsunami awareness among countries.
4) Tsunamis are among the deadly natural disasters; therefore, early warning is important.
5) About 2,60,000 died in 58 separate tsunamis over the past 100 years.
6) This day is important because community and individual understandings are key protection from tsunamis.
7) The idea of this celebration was first proposed by Japan after the 3 UN conferences on Disaster Risk Reduction.
8) Last year, live screening, regional webinars, etc programs were organized on this day.
9) The theme is based on the target of the Sendai Seven Campaign.
10) Each year a specific theme is selected by the United Nation for World Tsunami Awareness Day.
Approximately 4600 lives are taken by every tsunami. Therefore, it is highly required that the people must be ready with their precautions to survive the condition during the tsunami alert. Out of the total global economic losses because of natural disasters, 10 % are due to tsunamis. If people are well prepared for the disaster, it will reduce the chances of high risk.
I hope the above given lines on “World Tsunami Awareness Day” would be beneficial for your understanding. You can use this information to enhance your knowledge regarding this topic.
Related Links :
- 10 Lines on International Meatless Day
- 10 Lines on Children Rights Day
- 10 Lines on International Anti-Corruption Day
- 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on World Tsunami Awareness Day
Ans. The theme for World Tsunami Awareness Day 2020 was to achieve the target of Sendai Seven Campaign, “countries and communities to have national and local disaster risk reduction strategies in place to save more lives against disasters”.
Ans. This year the theme will be promoting the Sendai framework “substantially enhance international cooperation to developing countries through adequate and sustainable support to complement their national actions for implementation of the present framework by 2030”.