Winter Season is the four month period from December to March in India. It is the coldest season of the year. The atmosphere during winter season changes drastically compared to other seasons as we witness snowfall, cold rains, thick fog and sudden drop in temperature. The cold wind blows at a very high speed and the day becomes shorter in winter season. Atmosphere becomes dry and cold during winter as it receives less sunlight because of the thick clouds in the sky.
Ten Lines on Winter Season in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Winter Season in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exams as well as in the school competitions. It can also be used during debate competition, speech narration or to write some lies on this topic, etc.
10 Lines on Winter Season
1) Winter season is the coldest season which starts in the month of December and last till mid of March.
2) Winter season arrives after autumn season and is caused mainly due to orientation in the axis of earth away from sun.
3) December and January are the coldest months of winter season.
4) Season has a very cold weather with minimum temperature dropping to 3°C to 5°C in night in northwest region.
5) During winter season, high speed of cold winds blows from north region in peak months.
6) Winter season leads to the formation of thick fog because air is cooled to the fog droplets due to low temperature.
7) During winter season, night becomes long and day becomes of shorter duration.
8) Winter season is an ideal season for tours and travels to hilly regions.
9) It is the season of healthy fruits and green leafy vegetables.
10) Winter season comprises of snowfall, winter storms, cold rains, frost, fogs and very low temperature most of the time.
10 Lines and Sentences on Winter Season
1) Major festivals like Deepawali, Makar Sankranti, and Republic Day fall in winter season.
2) People enjoy many activities in hilly areas like ice skating, skiing, ice hockey etc.
3) Many birds and animals hibernate in the winter season due to extreme cold conditions.
4) Winter season gives relief from heat and humidity after long summer.
5) Many people plan vacation and adventurous trips to tourist places during winter season.
6) Various beautiful birds like Siberian cranes and blue throat migrate to India during winter season.
7) Winter season is the favourite season for small kids and children as they get winter vacation during extreme cold temperature.
8) Rain during winter season has disadvantages too as it destroys crops, vegetables and fruits.
9) Days during winters are pleasant because of the low heat intensity of sun.
10) Excess cold during winter season also brings a period of discomfort to old and poor people.
10 Sentences on Winter Season
1) Winter is caused due to the farthest distance of Earth from the Sun in its orbit.
2) Another factor to cause winter is the tilt of the Earth on its axis about 23.50.
3) Fog all around early in the morning causes troubles in visibility.
4) Blow of dry winds is mainly found in the season of winter which causes dry skin problem.
5) The regions between Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn on Earth comparatively experience very low or negligible winter season.
6) Geographical factor of a region plays a very crucial in bringing winter season.
7) Winter season comes together lots of disease for human-like common cold, flu, vomiting etc.
8) The chances of heart attack increase in winter due to concentrating of blood in vessels.
9) During winter, we need some warm clothes to keep ourselves warmer.
10) The efficiency and the productivity of human increases in winter.
5 Lines on Winter Season
1) Winter is a cold season.
2) It generally starts in November.
3) People use sweaters and blankets.
4) Christmas, New Year, etc fall in winter.
5) People enjoy carrots, peas, cauliflowers, etc in winter Season.
20 Lines on Winter Season
1) Winter is one of the important seasons in the world and also in India.
2) Basically winter is the season with lowest temperature ratio.
3) Winter generally starts in the month of November/December and lasts up to February/March.
4) Shorter days and longer night are the primary effects of winter season.
5) The days in winter start with fog and frost all around.
6) Some places with very low temperature during winter and also experience snow fall.
7) The death rate of living being increases during winter due to incapability of bearing the fall in temperature.
8) Many animal & birds choose migration during winter to find an appropriate place to live.
9) Some species opt to hibernate during winter and stay in their homes through the whole season.
10) Some species change colour to stay safe while some other animals grow fur to maintain the temperature of the body.
11) The winter season is the coldest season of the year, starting in the month of December and ending in the month of February.
12) The winter season is very cold and is one of the four seasons in India.
13) December and January are considered as the extreme cold months of the winter season.
14) We have to face high degree of cold and high speed cold winds during extreme winter months.
15) During the winter season the night becomes longer and the day becomes shorter.
16) The sky often looks clear but sometimes it remains unclear through the entire day due to the dense fog in the extreme cold months.
17) Sometimes it rains even during the winter season and makes the situation worse.
18) The hilly areas are covered with a thick layer of white snow and look very beautiful.
19) Due to severe weather conditions in winter, people have to face many difficulties while going out of their homes.
20) Everyone wears warm woolen clothes in winter to keep the body warm as well as for protection from very low temperatures.
Winter season is the coldest of the four seasons in the year. Generally, the period of winter season lies for 3 to 4 months but because of global warming and climate change, the period of the winter season is getting shorter which is not a good sign for nature and the environment. We have to take steps and measures for curbing pollution and global warming by planting more trees, reducing the use of fossil fuels and controlling our consumption and needs.