Volga River which is widely considered as the national river of Russia is the longest river of Europe which flows through the western part of the country. It is also considered as the Europe’s largest river in terms of discharge and drainage system. The river flows through Central Russia and gets drained into the Caspian Sea and it also has some of the largest reservoirs located on it.
Volga River has symbolic meaning in the Russian culture and its folklores and it is also a source of irrigation and hydropower in the region. Eleven out of the twenty largest cities of Russia are located on the banks of Volga River drainage basin which includes the capital of Russia, Moscow.
Ten Lines on Volga River in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Volga River in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let's start:
10 Lines on Volga River
1) Volga is the longest river in Europe and is the principal waterway of Western Russia.
2) Many native people of Russia consider Volga River as the national river of Russia.
3) Volga River is Europe’s longest river and it flows from the western part of Russia.
4) It starts from the Valdai Hills located in the north-western part of Moscow.
5) Volga River gets drained into Caspian Sea, below Astrakhan province to the south.
6) The length of Volga River is 3530 km and the catchment area is 1,350,000 square km.
7) The Volga River delta has a length of about 160 m having 555 channels and streams.
8) Some of the main tributaries of Volga River are Kama, Oka, Vetluga and Sura rivers.
9) Cities which are located on the banks of Volga River are Astrakhan, Kazan and Moscow etc.
10) Volga River is the only place in Russia where pelicans, flamingos and lotuses are found.
10 Lines and Sentences on Volga River
1) Volga River is the longest river in Europe as well as the largest river in terms of discharge and drainage basin and considered as national river of Russia.
2) It is called as “Idel” in tartar language, “Ra” in ancient Greek and the Russian name is similar to Slavic word for “wetness” or “humidity”.
3) Volga River originates from Valdai hills of Russia, which is located at 225 m above the sea level from the north-west of Moscow and 320 km south-east of St. Petersburg.
4) It discharges itself in Caspian Sea below Astrakhan located at 28 m below the sea level.
5) The Volga River basin drains approximately 1,380,000 square km extending from Vadai hills in the west to the Ural Mountains in the east and to Saratov in south.
6) Four geographic area are located in Volga River basin viz, the dense and the marshy forest which extends from the river’s upper region reaches to Kazan.
7) The Forest Steppe extends to Samara and Saratov, and the steppe to Volgograd and semi-desert lowlands in south-east to the Caspian Sea.
8) The Fertile River Valley of Volga River basin produces large quantity of wheat and has plenty of minerals and oil, natural gas, salt, potash etc.
9) Volga River has some 2000 miles navigable waterway and has more than 70 navigable tributaries which help half of the Russian population to move.
10) It has number of dams and canals like the Moscow Canal, the Volga-Don Canal, Volga-Baltic Waterway etc.
5 Lines on Volga River
1) It emerges from central Russia.
2) It is Europe’s longest river.
3) Its length is considered to be 3,531 km.
4) Kama River is its major tributary.
5) Volga river basin drains about 1,380,000 square km.
20 Lines on Volga River
1) Volga River emerges in the central region of Russia.
2) It is regarded as the longest river in Europe.
3) The river traces its course in Russian Federation.
4) Valdai Hills situated northwest of Moscow is the originating place of the river Volga.
5) Volga River is 3531 km in length.
6) The area of the drainage basin of the Volga River is 1360000 square km.
7) The drainage basin of the Volga River lies mostly in Russia.
8) The Kama is the longest left bank tributary of river Volga.
9) Oka is stated as the largest right ban tributary of river Volga.
10) Volga River finally empties into the Caspian Sea.
11) Volga River is an important river in Russia.
12) The river earlier was called Itil or Atil by the Turkic people.
13) Volga river basin is the most heavily populated part of Russia.
14) The river gets frozen up every year for the duration of three months.
15) Volga River is categorized as the upper, middle, and lower Volga River.
16) The climatic conditions and biodiversity differ in different regions.
17) The course of the river from its origin to the joining of the Oka River is termed as the upper Volga.
18) Middle Volga is the name given to river course from meeting of Volga with Oka to Kama River.
19) Volga River from the meeting point of Kama river to its mouth is termed as lower Volga.
20) The river valley is a reservoir of several valuable minerals.
Volga River is of great importance for inland shipping and transportation of the people or commercially. Volga Delta is the largest estuary in Europe which is the habitat of pelicans, flamingos, and lotuses which are found there. All the dams which are constructed on Volga River are equipped with large ship locks so that vessels of numerous dimensions can move to and fro easily to the Caspian Sea to the upstream end of the river.