Rural population is an important part of the Indian population. It is very important to be healthy and safe. Keeping this in mind, the Government of India has taken an initiative about which, you can read in the sets of 10 lines on Ujjwala Yojana below. These sets will enrich you with all the information about the scheme.
Ten Lines on Ujjwala Yojana
Set – 1
1) Ujjwala Yojana, also known as Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is an initiative of the government of India.
2) It was launched on 1 May 2016 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
3) The objective of the scheme is to provide Indian women with a free LPG connection.
4) The scheme has mainly taken into consideration the Indian rural women.
5) The government has reserved Rs. 8000 crores for this scheme.
6) The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is implementing this scheme in India.
7) Ujjwala Yojana provides 5 crore LPG connections to BPL families.
8) Apart from the free gas connection, it also provides these families with the financial assistance of Rs. 1600.
9) Only the women beneficiaries can avail of this offer.
10) The main objective of this scheme is to provide healthy fuel for cooking to Indian rural women.
Set – 2
1) Ujjwala Yojana is a wonderful initiative of the Government of India.
2) It is a kind of scheme supporting the women empowerment.
3) Under this, the budget allocation of Rs 8000 crore has been made for three years starting from the financial year 2016-17.
4) The scheme works through the fund collected by the ‘Give it up’ scheme of the government of India.
5) Under Ujjwala Yojana, connections will be issued in the name of the female head of the family.
6) There is also the provision of EMI under the scheme.
7) For the first time, the Ministry is implementing such huge welfare to crores of women belonging to BPL families.
8) Under this, the applicant should be a woman above the age of 18 years.
9) The beneficiary will have to fill the scheme application form and submit it to his nearest LPG distribution centre.
10) The Ujjwala scheme aims to prevent health-related hazards among millions of rural population due to the use of fossil fuels.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana aims to rid Indian women of smoke-filled lives. This scheme will increase the use of LPG and will help in reducing health-related disorders, air pollution, and deforestation. The distribution of free LPG will also help them in raising their standard of living and making them socially confident.