Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a very ambitious scheme launched by the Government of India, to provide LPG connections under the scheme. LPG connection will be given only to women belonging to families of below poverty line. Under this scheme, the Government of India will provide LPG connections to 5 crore BPL families for free in the next 3 years. In the financial year 2016-17, a target has been set to provide LPG connections to 1.5 crore BPL (Below Poverty Line) families.
The main objective of the Ujjwala scheme is to promote the use of clean fuels across India which can be accomplished by distributing LPG connections for free. One of the objectives of the implementation of the scheme is that it will promote women empowerment and protect the health of women.
Ten Lines on Ujjwala Yojana in English
We have provided below Ten Lines on Ujjwala Yojana for the benefit of users.
They will learn all the aspects of this scheme launched by the Government to uplift the poor hygienic condition of the people living below the poverty line. You will get detail information after going through these special points.
These lines will helpful to know about the illegibility criteria, the documents needed, availability of application form etc in these simple lines.
We will also know how this scheme will affect the life of poor women and her family.
10 Lines on Ujjwala Yojana – Set 1
1) The Government of India will provide free LPG connections under the scheme only to women living below poverty line.
2) The main objective of the Ujjwala scheme is to promote the use of clean fuels across India.
3) The objectives of the implementation of the scheme to promote women empowerment and to protect the health of women.
4) A target had been set to provide LPG connections to 1.5 crore BPL families till the financial year 2016-17.
5) There is a plan to provide LPG connection to 5 crore families living under poverty line in the next 3 years.
6) This scheme will reduce the use of fossil fuel that helps in reducing the pollution level.
7) It will also reduce the cutting down the trees for fire wood.
8) Any eligible candidate has to fill the application form and submit it to her nearest LPG distribution center.
9) The application form of Ujjwala scheme can be obtained for free from LPG distribution centers or can also be downloaded online.
10) A copy of the documents such as proof of address, Aadhaar number and Jan Dhan Bank account is required for the scheme must be submitted along with the application form.
Another set of Ten Lines on Ujjwala Yojana is given here under for the perusal of the readers that will make them able to understand completely about this scheme. These points will provide all the information about this ambitious scheme that is started especially for the poor women who were fighting with smoke of the biomass and timber.
In these lines all the important facts have been revealed for the benefit of the common users. They will get aware about the scheme and run to get an LPG connection to their nearby shops and stores.
10 Lines on Ujjwala Yojana – Set 2
1) The Government of India has made a total budget of 80000 crores for the implementation of the Ujjwala Yojana scheme, which is for 3 years.
2) The Government of India will provide financial assistance of 1600 rupees to each eligible BPL family for purchasing gas connections.
3) The Government of India will also provide installment facilities to BPL families to pay the expenses incurred for purchasing stoves and filling cylinders for the first time.
4) The scheme will be implemented under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
5) The scheme will run for 3 years from the financial year 2016-17 to 2018-19.
6) The cost i.e. Rs 1600 /- per connection is also borne by the government for reimbursement to the oil marketing company.
7) The new connection under PMUY will be released only to women whose names are duly recorded in SECC-2011 data (The Socio Economic and Caste Census Data 2011).
8) The connection can only be transferred in the name of the priority woman member to the house member only upon the demise of the beneficiary.
9) Beneficiary of this scheme has to bear expenses towards stamp duty.
10) The security deposit rate under the Ujjwala scheme is uniform across the country in which the cost of security deposit is borne by the Government of India.
Reducing the use of impure fossil fuels currently in use and reducing pollution by increasing the use of pure fuels is also one of the major goals of the plan. The diseases that result from the burning of impure fossil fuels used for cooking are also likely to decrease after the implementation of the Ujjwala scheme. Thus, this scheme will also help in keeping women and children healthy.