A television or TV is a telecommunication device used for transmitting moving images in black and white or colourful format having two dimensional or three dimensional object with sound. It is a medium used for having entertainment, watching news, recreation and advertising purpose. It comes with a tuner, display and loudspeakers for the purpose of viewing.
We see lots of programs and shows on TV in different languages. Television is a paradigm shift from listening i.e. radio, to viewing as well as listening. Through its programs, shows, news along with movies it is a good stress buster, very much educational and informative as well.
Ten Lines on Television in English
Here we have provided 10 lines on Television on English. It will give you a good knowledge about TV and along with that you can use these lines in your speeches and extempore or essays. Please go through the lines and use them in your writings to make them more interesting and appealing:
10 Lines on Television – Set 1
1) Television is a device which telecasts our favourite programs and shows, in audio-visual format.
2) It is a best source of entertainment and recreation in our home.
3) In the initial stages of invention TVs were built with a Cathode Ray Tube(CRT) which were very big and bulky.
4) From the year 2000, manufacturing of CRT TV sets were stopped and were replaced by flat panel Light Emitting Diode (LED) TV sets.
5) Nowadays Plasma, LCD (Liquid Crystal Display), LED (Light Emitting Diode), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) based TV sets are being sold in the market.
6) Television is made of two words i.e. ‘Tele’ means far and ‘Vision’ means sight.
7) The Colour television was invented by ‘John Logie Baird’ in 1926.
8) Nowadays ‘Smart TVs’ are in the market with internet connected to it which enables watching TV shows and surfing internet.
9) To watch a program we need a medium which can bring program and shows via satellite signal into our TV sets and is called as a TV channel.
10) Cable television is a system which broadcasts programs with a subscription charge via those black and thick ‘Co-Axial Cables’ into our home.
We have also given another set of 10 lines on Television which will be very useful in your essay and paragraph writing competition as well as in your exams. Including these lines in your writing will get you applauses from your audiences:
10 Lines on Television – Set 2
1) Television is a audio-visual component by which we can watch our favourite shows, movies and various other programs.
2) Television is a huge industry in India with thousands of programs in more than 800 channels in different languages.
3) Recent data shows that till 2016 there were 857 channels and out of them 184 were paid channels.
4) In India, Doordarshan was a part of All India Radio which was separated in 1976.
5) After 1980s two programs viz, ‘Ramayan’ and ‘Mahabharat’ were the two epic shows which were started to entertain people.
6) During economic and social reforms in 1991, government allowed foreign and private broadcasters to start their TV channels in India.
7) Traditionally, programs were telecasted via antennas but in 1992 Cable Television Network started with better viewing and multiple channels.
8) Now Indian television has shifted towards DTH (Direct to Home) platform which receives signals via satellite and provides better picture and sound clarity.
9) With the advent of smart phones, nowadays programs are also telecasted on our phones via the internet.
10) Nowadays live streaming of new programs on internet is in high demand and various apps have been also launched for it.
The 3rd set of 10 lines on Television is provided below. The set contains all the important information about Television and its history. The information discussed above is sufficient yet we have created another set to provide you some other facts about the Television. The set is fun to read and we hope that it will provide you sufficient information to deliver a powerful speech on the topic.
10 Lines on Television – Set 3
1) From day to night and younger to older, the television has completely changed our life.
2) Television is used for entertainment, knowledge and social awareness.
3) The first pocket sized television ‘Sony Watchman FD-210’ was released by Sony in 1982.
4) Philo Farnsworth, Charles Francis Jenkins and John Logie Baird are individually related to the invention of Television and broadcasting.
5) Television helps us to get the news of the whole world sitting in our houses.
6) Sometimes inappropriate contents broadcast over television are not fit for children.
7) The High Definition Television was available for the first time in the year 1998.
8) The first cable system to be engineered was the ‘Cable TV’.
9) Initially the cables were restricted to provide the services of five channels at most.
10) Television has lost its utility after the increasing use of Smart phones.
Another set of 10 lines on Television is created by us and provided below. There was something left that needed to be known and caused us to create the provided set. The set is prepared in easy language and also we have used very basic words to describe every point. The set is useful for the reader of any age and the utility of the set can be evaluated only after reading it completely so let’s start.
10 Lines on Television – Set 4
1) The invention of Cathode ray tube was the first step towards the idea of Television.
2) From earlier to modern structure, television has gone through quiet transformation.
3) Initially the television used to broadcast the content only in two colours black and white.
4) The programmes have been being broadcast in coloured format since 1966.
5) The increasing demand and use of cable TV made the advertisement to grow fast.
6) Television is a good medium to share the cultural values and tradition.
7) Educational programmes airing on Television help children to develop their mental and social skills.
8) Television has become an important mode of entertainment for every human now.
9) The duration from 1950 to 1970 is called the ‘Golden Age’ of Television.
10) During the golden age, the selling of Television rose from 9% to about 95%.
Television is a good source of entertainment; we can watch our favourite programs, shows, movies etc on it. This trend declined with the launch of service like ‘YouTube’ where one can watch all old and new contents on demand. With the launch of smart phones and increased internet speed the popularity of television is gradually going down. It would not be exaggeration if we say that very soon internet will be taking the place of television.