Entertainment has always been an important part of every individual's life. People used to have a radio for entertainment a few decades back. They listened to the song, news and other special programmes over the radio. But the time has changed, and Television has replaced radio. Television is a bigger source of entertainment, and you can read about it through the sets of 10 lines we have provided below.
Ten Lines on Television
1) Television is a device which telecasts our favourite programs and shows, in audio-visual format.
2) It is the best source of entertainment and recreation in our home.
3) In the initial stages of invention, TVs used a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) which were very big and bulky.
4) From the year 2000, manufacturing of CRT TV sets has stopped and flat-panel Light Emitting Diode (LED) TV sets has replaced it.
5) Nowadays, Plasma, LCD, LED, OLED based TV sets are available in the market.
6) In the word Television, ‘Tele’ means far and ‘Vision’ means sight.
7) The Colour television had invented by ‘John Logie Baird’ in 1926.
8) Nowadays ‘Smart TVs’ are in the market with internet-connected to it, which enables watching TV shows and surfing the internet.
9) To watch a program, we need a medium to bring program and shows via satellite signal into our TV sets called a TV channel.
10) Cable television is a system which broadcasts programs with a subscription charge via those black and thick ‘Co-Axial Cables’ into our home.
1) Television is an audio-visual component by which we can watch our favourite shows, movies and various other programs.
2) Television is a huge industry in India with thousands of programs in more than 800 channels in different languages.
3) Till 2016, there were 857 channels, and out of them, 184 were paid channels.
4) In India, Doordarshan was a part of All India Radio, which separated in 1976.
5) After the 1980s, ‘Ramayan’ and ‘Mahabharat’ were the two epic shows which entertained people.
6) During economic and social reforms in 1991, the government allowed foreign and private broadcasters to start their TV channels in India.
7) Traditionally, programs used to telecast via antennas, but in 1992, Cable Television Network started with better viewing and multiple channels.
8) Now Indian television has shifted towards DTH (Direct to Home) platform which receives signals via satellite and provides better picture and sound clarity.
9) With the advent of smart phones, programs can also telecast on our phones via the internet.
10) Nowadays live streaming of new programs on the internet is in high demand.
1) From day to night and younger to older, television has completely changed everyone's life.
2) Television is a source of entertainment, knowledge and social awareness.
3) The first pocket-sized television ‘Sony Watchman FD-210’ had released by Sony in 1982.
4) Philo Farnsworth, Charles Francis Jenkins and John Logie Baird are individually related to the invention of television and broadcasting.
5) Television helps us to get the news of the whole world sitting in our houses.
6) Sometimes, inappropriate contents also broadcast over television.
7) High Definition Television was available for the first time in the year 1998.
8) The first cable system to be engineered was the ‘Cable TV’.
9) Initially, the cables were restricted to provide the services of five channels at most.
10) Television has lost its utility after the increasing use of Smartphone.
1) The invention of the Cathode ray tube was the first step towards the idea of Television.
2) From earlier to modern structure, television has gone through a quiet transformation.
3) Initially, the television used to broadcast the content only in the colours black and white.
4) The programmes have been being broadcasting in coloured format since 1966.
5) The increasing demand and use of cable TV made the advertisement grow fast.
6) Television is a good medium to share cultural values and tradition.
7) Educational programmes, airing on Television, help children to develop their mental and social skills.
8) Television has become an important mode of entertainment for every human now.
9) The duration from 1950 to 1970 was the ‘Golden Age’ of Television.
10) During the golden age, the selling of Television rose from 9% to about 95%.
Television is a good source of entertainment. We can watch our favourite programs, shows, movies etc. on it. This trend declined with the launch of service like ‘YouTube’, where one can watch all old and new contents on demand. With the launch of Smartphone and increased internet speed, the popularity of television is gradually going down. It would not be an exaggeration if we say that soon the internet will be taking the place of television.