A clean India has always been the dream of every Indian. The sanitation leads to a healthy, disease free and happy life. There are very rare people in India who are actually serious about cleanliness whereas the most of population here does not care about any kind of sanitation around them. Actually the cleanliness of the India is very necessary for the development of the Nation.
Our Prime Minister understood the need of cleanliness, took it seriously and in this series, he launched the cleanliness campaign in India namely “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”. It is a very important step of Government of India and every Indian should have proper knowledge about it.
Ten Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in English
We have created a set of 10 lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
The facts about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan provided in this set are prepared to give you all the information on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in points.
All the points on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan provided here are very important so you can use these few lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in your essays, speeches or articles to make them more attractive.
So, don’t delay, just start reading:
10 Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan - Set 1
1) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched on 2nd October 2014.
2) It was launched by the Prime Minister of India from New Delhi.
3) The main objective behind launching the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was to make India Open Defecation Free.
4) In the process of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, it was aimed at constructing 90 million toilets in Rural India.
5) Government also provides Rs. 12000 as incentive to those rural families who step forward to construct a toilet themselves.
6) The World Bank also provided funds to successfully operate the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
7) The famous personalities like Kapil Sharma, Sourav Ganguly, Kiran Bedi, Aroon Purie and others were nominated as Brand Ambassador of this campaign.
8) The government data said that approximately 3.25 lakh villages in India were declared open defecation free by 2018.
9) Also some organisations said that this data provided by the Government is false and misleading the people.
10) The step of the Government towards making India clean is really appreciable and I owe to contribute in it.
Another set of 10 points with some additional information is not a bad idea. This set has brought some extra information on the topic. The language of the set is easy and the reader of any age can easily understand all the points. It will also help the students in creating their projects, essays and articles. So let’s read the second set with same joy.
10 Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Set 2
1) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched on 2nd October 2014 from Raj-Ghat New Delhi because it was Gandhi Jayanti.
2) The aim of this campaign was set to get clean and open defecation free India by 2nd October 2019.
3) The Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi called this campaign “Satyagrah se Swachhagrah”.
4) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is operated by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in rural areas while Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in urban Areas.
5) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is considered to be the most significant campaign of Government of India.
6) The MHRD has launched Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign to promote cleanliness in School with support of Teachers and Students.
7) Few famous celebrities helped in promoting this campaign like Sachin Tendulkar, Baba Ramdev, Amitabh Bachhan and Salman Khan Etc.
8) The people of India actively participated to promote cleanliness through Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
9) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan can be successful only when it will get the support of youths as well.
10) A clean India will come out to be the best tribute to the father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
Below we are providing a 3rd Set on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan for you to enhance your knowledge on the subject. After reading the 10 lines you will know – the launching date of the campaign and its duration, other names of the campaign, main idea behind the campaign, how is the campaign related to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, two parts of the Abhiyan, did the campaigned proved to be a success or not, what impact did the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has on open defecation statistics etc.
10 Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Set 3
1) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a five year campaign by the Government of India from the year 2014 to 2019.
2) Launched on 2nd October 2014 it is also called Clean India Campaign.
3) The motive of the campaign was to clean the streets, buildings, public places and villages of India.
4) The campaign also hoped to generate civic sense in Indian masses.
5) Mission is also critical for India’s stand on Sustainable Development Goal number 6 (SDG-6) as established by the United Nations.
6) The Abhiyan is divided into two parts – Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Rural and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Urban.
7) The campaign proved to be a great success with efforts of volunteers, government and NGOs.
8) Within four years of the campaign the number of people defecating in open, dropped considerably from 550 million to around 150 million.
9) People of India have started behaving responsibly with a sense of accountability towards their surroundings.
10) The Abhiyan also includes operations like door to door waste collection and their proper disposal.
We have provided below a 4th set of 10 Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. The 10 lines have been written in simple yet understandable language to convey all useful information about the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, such as when and who launched the campaign, from where Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched, what are the objectives of the mission, its two parts and their controlling ministries, how is the progress of Swachh Bharat Campaign monitored etc.
10 Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Set 4
1) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2nd October 2014 from Raj Ghat in New Delhi.
2) Launched on the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi to commemorate his views on cleanliness and hygiene.
3) Apart from making India clean, the campaign also aims for instilling a sense of cleanliness and hygiene in people.
4) One of the main objectives of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was to make India open defecation free.
5) It is by far the largest Indian campaign with over 3 million government employees and students directly participating.
6) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Rural and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Urban function under Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs respectively.
7) The progress of the campaign is monitored real time by data collected from government agencies and associated NGOs.
8) Under the mission the Government of India provides monetary subsidies to houses for construction of toilets.
9) The mission also includes procedures of converting waste to energy and compost.
10) The campaign aims at making India open defecation free before 2nd October 2019.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Campaign) is a good initiative of the Government of India. Although it is very successful yet it has to face many challenges. The one and only the public of India and especially the youth of India can minimize this problem or can eradicate the challenges completely. We all know that the cleanliness is always beneficial and it is our duty to make India clean with green. So let’s join our hands and step forward towards making India clean and defecation free starting from our society.