A clean India has always been the dream of every Indian. The sanitation leads to a healthy, disease-free and happy life. There are very rare people in India who are actually serious about cleanliness whereas most of the population here does not care about any kind of sanitation around them. Actually the cleanliness of India is very necessary for the development of the Nation. Our Prime Minister understood the need for cleanliness, took it seriously and in this series, he launched the cleanliness campaign in India namely “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”.
Ten Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
1) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched on 2nd October 2014.
2) It was launched by the Prime Minister of India from New Delhi.
3) The main objective behind launching the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was to make India Open Defecation Free.
4) In the process of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, it was aimed at constructing 90 million toilets in rural India.
5) The government also provides Rs. 12000 as an incentive to those rural families who step forward to construct a toilet themselves.
6) The World Bank also provided funds to successfully operate the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
7) The famous personalities like Kapil Sharma, Sourav Ganguly, Kiran Bedi, Aroon Purie and others were nominated as Brand Ambassador of this campaign.
8) The government data said that approximately 3.25 lakh villages in India were declared open defecation free by 2018.
9) Also, some organizations said that this data provided by the Government is false and misleading the people.
10) The step of the Government towards making India clean is really appreciable and I owe to contribute to it.
Another set of 10 points with some additional information is not a bad idea. This set has brought some extra information on the topic. The language of the set is easy and the reader of any age can easily understand all the points. It will also help the students in creating their projects, essays, and articles. So let’s read the second set with the same joy.
10 Lines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Set 2
1) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched on 2nd October 2014 from Raj-Ghat New Delhi because it was Gandhi Jayanti.
2) The aim of this campaign was set to get clean and open defecation free India by 2nd October 2019.
3) The Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi called this campaign “Satyagrah se Swachhagrah”.
4) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is operated by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in rural areas while the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in Urban Areas.
5) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is considered to be the most significant campaign of the Government of India.
6) The MHRD has launched the Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign to promote cleanliness in School with the support of Teachers and Students.
7) Few famous celebrities helped in promoting this campaign like Sachin Tendulkar, Baba Ramdev, Amitabh Bachhan and Salman Khan Etc.
8) The people of India actively participated to promote cleanliness through Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
9) The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan can be successful only when it will get the support of youths as well.
10) A clean India will come out to be the best tribute to the father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
1) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a five-year campaign by the Government of India from the year 2014 to 2019.
2) Launched on 2nd October 2014 it is also called Clean India Campaign.
3) The motive of the campaign was to clean the streets, buildings, public places and villages of India.
4) The campaign also hoped to generate civic sense in Indian masses.
5) The mission is also critical for India’s stand on Sustainable Development Goal number 6 (SDG-6) as established by the United Nations.
6) The Abhiyan is divided into two parts – Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Rural and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Urban.
7) The campaign proved to be a great success with the efforts of volunteers, government and NGOs.
8) Within four years of the campaign, the number of people defecating in open dropped considerably from 550 million to around 150 million.
9) People of India have started behaving responsibly with a sense of accountability towards their surroundings.
10) The Abhiyan also includes operations like a door to door waste collection and their proper disposal.
1) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2nd October 2014 from Raj Ghat in New Delhi.
2) Launched on the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi to commemorate his views on cleanliness and hygiene.
3) Apart from making India clean, the campaign also aims for instilling a sense of cleanliness and hygiene in people.
4) One of the main objectives of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was to make India open defecation free.
5) It is by far the largest Indian campaign with over 3 million government employees and students directly participating.
6) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Rural and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Urban function under Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs respectively.
7) The progress of the campaign is monitored in real-time by data collected from government agencies and associated NGOs.
8) Under the mission, the Government of India provides monetary subsidies to houses for the construction of toilets.
9) The mission also includes procedures of converting waste to energy and compost.
10) The campaign aims at making India open defecation free before 2nd October 2019.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Campaign) is a good initiative of the Government of India. Although it is very successful yet it has to face many challenges. The one and only the public of India and especially the youth of India can minimize this problem or can eradicate the challenges completely. We all know that cleanliness is always beneficial and it is our duty to make India clean with green. So let’s join our hands and step forward towards making India clean and defecation free starting from our society.