A survey in India before 2015 showed that a major part of population in India is suffering from disabilities of many different types and in different parts of body. These differently abled people meet many complexities while accessing the public facilities like transport, Government offices, Communication, Technologies etc. The government of India took serious concern on it and took a step towards making their life much easier. It was done through a campaign called Accessible India Campaign or Sugamya Bharat Yojana. Let’s read about this campaign through the following sets of 10 lines.
Ten Lines on Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan in English
We have prepared a set of 10 important facts on Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan. The main reason behind preparing this set was to deliver you the most important facts and information regarding the topic.
For the best use of the set, we have kept its language easy and adaptive with use of simple words so that the students of lower classes as well as upper class do not meet any confusion while reading these lines.
So read the below provided set and evaluate yourself.
10 Lines on Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan – Set 1
1) Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan was launched on 3rd December 2015 by the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi.
2) The objective of this campaign was to provide an accessible physical environment for differently-able people in India.
3) This campaign was launched by the Ministry of disabled empowerment under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
4) The campaign targeted to make Government buildings disabled friendly under scheme.
5) A Sugamya Bharat Mobile App was also launched to make this campaign much accessible.
6) This app was fully made to provide the information of disabled friendly public spots in a city.
7) The Government of India also planned to give free tricycles under this campaign to disabled person.
8) Also an online library called Sugamya Pustakalaya was launched in August 2016 under this campaign.
9) This library was launched by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
10) The Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan is a strong hand of help for the differently disabled people in India.
We have created another set of 10 points on Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan. This set is created with some more facts and information that will be useful for the reader. The given few points are prepared in easy language and will be helpful for students of lower classes and also upper classes to gain information and prepare an essay, speech, article or any other project. So read all the points clearly and understand them well.
10 Lines on Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan – Set 2
1) Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan is called the ‘Accessible India Campaign’ in English.
2) It was launched by then Union Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley and Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment Thawar Chand Gehlot.
3) The day when it launched was the International Day of person with Disabilities.
4) Its objective is to provide equal opportunities and self-reliant lives to disabled people in India to do their work efficiently.
5) It was aimed at making all Railway stations and Airports fully accessible to the disabled people.
6) The scheme helped disabled to reach Information, transportation, physical environment, communication technology, Services and Emergency Services easily.
7) 48 cities were selected in 1st phase to make them fully disabled friendly.
8) Also Government worked towards making many useful websites accessible to disabled.
9) A mobile app was developed in English and other regional languages to locate nearby accessible locations across the country.
10) The Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan expects cooperation from Central and State Governments and all their Ministries.
The Sugamya Bharat Yojana is a good initiative of Government of India to provide support system for the disabled people in India belonging to any class or religion. Although it was not easy for the government to achieve the target within the time yet he did it very well any nearly achieved it. The Sugamya Bharat Yojana proved to be a big support for the differently disabled people in India and has successfully made their life much easier than before.