As per the fossil records spiders have evolved 130 million years ago during the era of dinosaurs. Spiders have venom which they use it for hunting the prey or insects. The venom is not very toxic or lethal in nature and apart from few species of United States it’s not considered very harmful to the humans.
We know that many people have a very abnormal fear about spiders because of their frightening looks but they are harmless creatures and in fact vital to the ecosystem because they eat lot of insects, pollinate the plants and replenish dead organism back to earth. Let’s find below some of the interesting facts which would enhance your knowledge and make your understanding better about the spider as a one of the most amazing species.
Ten Lines on Spider in English
We have provided ten lines on Spider in English for enhancing your knowledge of the spider as one of the most astonishing creature on this planet earth. After going through these lines you will know all about spiders as what is a spider, what a spider eats, what is the lifespan of a spider, how many species of spider exists, how any eggs can a female spider lay, which bird uses spider web as it nests, is spider bight dangerous to human, what is the characteristic of spider etc.
You can use these lines while writing sentences about spider, essay on spider and few lines on spider for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4 or 10 points on spiders etc
10 Lines on Spider – 1
1) Spiders are air breathing arthropods belonging to the category of Araneae (scientific name of the species) spread around worldwide except Antarctica.
2) Spiders are the unique species that have eight legs and can spin webs in order to catch the insects or prey.
3) With more than 42000 species worldwide, spiders are one of the few species which can live in every habitat except water bodies.
4) Lifespan of average spider lies between 2 to 3 years except goliath bird eater (female spider) which has typically larger span of 15-25 years.
5) Female spider can produce thousands of eggs in the form of sacs over a period of time.
6) Spiders can kill millions of prey every year and consume more insects than birds.
7) Very few species of the spiders (widow spiders) are social in nature.
8) They build webs which can in-house thousands of other spiders useful in co-operative hunting and food sharing.
9) Spiders use wide range of tactics for hunting like liquifying the prey with digestive enzymes, spinning a sticky web to trap the insects.
10) All spiders have the ability to produce silk (gets hardened when it comes into the contact of air) which can create web, build sacs and traps.
We have provided another set of 10 lines on Spider (facts about Spider) so that you can use these useful lines in your assignment, speech, presentation or any other competition in your school. Parents can use these points for their kids and children because the language used here is very easy and simple to comprehend.
10 Lines on Spider – 2
1) Spiders have the symbolic meaning in many art and mythology and they are considered as symbol of patience and power.
2) Spider-Man is one of the most favourite super heroes of children in comics and movies.
3) Spiders use camouflage technique to protect themselves from predators like birds and bees.
4) Spiders have four to 8 pair of eyes helpful in navigation and hunting.
5) Tarantulas, one of the species of spiders are source of food for Cambodian people.
6) Spider venom has medicinal benefit which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer disease and cardiac arrest.
7) Hummingbirds use spider webs to build their nests.
8) The bite of female black widow spiders is dangerous to humans.
9) Spiders can’t extend their legs outward after pulling it inward; they pump watery liquid with force to push them out.
10) “Bagheera kiplingi” is the only species of spiders which is herbivorous in nature and rest all are carnivorous.
The only perceived threat from humans to the life of spider is the use of insecticides and pesticides in farming because it can kill spiders in large numbers. Spiders are the useful source of food for birds, lizards, mammals and they help in controlling the population of insects.
They might seem to be awful but they eat harmful pests which are capable of spreading disease like malaria, dengue and plague. Spiders can eat bugs and insects which can damage crops. The design and technique of the spider web has inspired many scientists to make bullet proof vests useful in war like situation. Above facts and figures prove that spiders are one of the most fascinating creatures of the planet.