The Second Battle of Tarain was fought right after one year of the First Battle of Tarain. Muhammad Gori, who was defeated by King Prithviraj Chauhan in the First Battle of Tarain, decided to fight once again to avenge his defeat. Gori wanted his control over important parts of India and was ready to pay any price for it. He lost the First Battle of Tarain because he did not know how powerful and well-trained Army of King Prithviraj Chauhan was, but he did not repeat the same mistake and came with a preparation far better than Prithviraj Chauhan.
10 Lines on Second Battle of Tarain
1) The Second Battle of Tarain was fought in 1192 in the field of Tarain, Haryana.
2) The battle was between Hindu Chahamanas’ (Chauhans of Sambhar) emperor Prithviraj Chauhan and Muslim King Muhammad Gori.
3) The second battle of Tarain was actually a plan of Muhammad Gori to take revenge for his defeat in the First Battle of Tarain.
4) According to the sources, the army of Prithviraj Chauhan had approximately 3000 elephants and 300000 infantry and cavalry.
5) The battle of Tarain was fought for 10 hours continuously.
6) Many Indian Rulers were supporting Muhammad Gori in this Battle.
7) The Army of Prithviraj Chauhan was very few in front of the Army of Muhammad Gori.
8) For every attack of Prithviraj, Gori had a counter-attack.
9) One main reason behind the defeat of Prithviraj Chauhan was that he did not take Muhammad Gori seriously this time as he had already won a battle against him.
10) The Battle ended with the death of Prithviraj Chauhan and the victory of Muhammad Gori.
We have prepared one more set of 10 important facts and information on the Second Battle of Tarain. It is a very important topic so we have tried to discuss every single detail of the war with the help of these sets. The set contains 10 important facts and information to provide you complete knowledge without wasting much time. It is also helpful for students of classes 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and higher classes to add these lines in their speeches, essays, and projects and make them attractive.
1) The second battle of Tarain is considered to be a very important event in India history.
2) This battle opened the door of India for Muslim rulers.
3) Prithviraj Chauhan was the last Hindu Emperor ruling over Delhi.
4) Prithviraj married Sanyogita who was the daughter of King Jai Chand of Kannauj.
5) Sanyogita and Prithviraj Chauhan loved each other so Jai Chand became his enemy and supported Muhammad Gori in the Battle.
6) After getting the victory, Muhammad Gori also killed all his supporters and their Army persons.
7) The Army of Prithviraj Chauhan discontinued the battle according to War Ethics but the Army of Gori continued and it was a big reason behind the former’s defeat.
8) The second battle of Tarain was fought in the same field in which the first battle of Tarain was fought.
9) It is also said that Prithviraj was wounded and captured by Gori and was under his custody in Ajmer.
10) With the death of Prithviraj Chauhan, also the Chauhan Dynasty and Rule of Hindus on Delhi ended.
It will not be wrong to say that the second Battle of Tarain was a turning point of Indian History which laid the foundation of the Muslim Rule in India. This Battle also gives us a message that we should never underestimate our enemy and his power. Though Prithviraj Chauhan was a very powerful ruler, his pride and overconfidence defeated him so always fight with might and never underestimate your opponent.