Sadbhavana is a Hindi word which means harmony. Sadbhavana divas is therefore “Indian harmony Day” indicating India’s communal harmony. It is celebrated on 20th August every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sri Rajiv Gandhi, one of the eminent Prime Ministers of India. Sadbhavana Divas is celebrated to encourage the feeling of national integration where every community and section lives with love and harmony with each other.
Members of all party pay tribute to Rajiv Gandhi and try to follow his methodology of good governance.
Ten Lines on Sadbhavana Divas in English
We have given below 10 lines on Sadbhavana Divas to help you to understand the significance of this day. This will help you in your exams and also quiz competition held in your school. You can also use these lines in writing essay, short paragraphs or speeches.
Please go through the below lines and incorporate them in your writing making them effective and inspiring:
10 Lines on Sadbhavana Divas - 1
1) Celebrated on 20th August each Year to mark the birth Anniversary of India’s 6th Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi.
2) All the congressmen as well as leaders from other political parties pay their respect to Rajiv Gandhi at Veer Bhoomi, Delhi.
3) The day promotes communal harmony and National Integration.
4) Rajiv Gandhi was also known as the Goodwill Ambassador to the world.
5) Rajiv Gandhi was known for his assertive policies in restoring world peace.
6) While Prime Minister he averted a 1986 Seychelles coup by sending Indian navy.
7) Was instrumental in the suppression of 1988 Maldives coup.
8) Released the leaders of Akali Dal, who were imprisoned after the operation Blue Star.
9) Send IPKF (Indian Peace keeping force) to Sri Lanka in 1989 to restore civilian order.
10) AICC gives Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award for exceptional contribution in promoting communal harmony.
Given below is the additional set of 10 lines on the topic which will help you to include more points in you essays, speeches or paragraph recitation in your classes. This will not only amplify your knowledge but also help you enhance your writing. So go through the below lines and get the accolades of your teachers and friends:
10 Lines on Sadbhavana Divas - 2
1) The birth anniversary of Sri Rajiv Gandhi is celebrated as ‘Sadbhavana Divas’ in India.
2) It is celebrated on 20th August to promote Communal Harmony and National Integration.
3) Congress and other political parties pay homage to Rajiv Gandhi at ‘Veer Bhumi’, Delhi
4) Rajiv Gandhi was the youngest Prime Minister of India who promoted communal harmony and national integration during his tenure.
5) He always helped our neighboring countries during their hard time and spread the message of Goodwill and Peace.
6) Many cultural events and programmes are organized throughout the country to spread communal harmony.
7) The Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana award is given to the people for their outstanding contribution in promoting communal harmony.
8) Many Sadbhavana Rallies are conducted across the country and all sections of society participate in these rallies.
9) Plantation programmes are organized and people pledge for the protection of environment since Rajiv Gandhi always dreamt of ‘Clean & Green India’.
10) Rajiv Gandhi is considered as a ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ of the world and ‘Sadbhavana Divas’ helps to spread the importance of Goodwill, Communal Harmony and National Integration.
Sadbhavana Divas commemorates the birth day of India’s 6th Prime Minister and his efforts towards restoring peace and harmony in India as well as other countries. The military assistance that he provided to other Nation’s in restoring peace will always be remembered and his efforts applauded.