Geeta Phogat is a famous Indian wrestler who belongs to Haryana state in India. Geeta came into limelight in 2009 from the Common Wealth Championship when she achieved the first gold of her carrier. Geeta brought many joyful and pride moments for India in various sports including Common Wealth Games and Asian Games also but to make a career in wrestling after being a female was not easy for Geeta. She had struggled a lot to fulfill her father Mahavir Singh Phogat’s dream in which the most important contribution has been of her father.
Ten Lines on Geeta Phogat
1) Geeta Phogat is a famous Indian Wrestler skilled at freestyle wrestling.
2) Geeta was born in Balali village of Haryana on 15th December 1988.
3) She completed her education from Maharishi Dayanand University in Rohtak.
4) Later, she joined the Sports Authority of India centered at Sonipat in Haryana.
5) Her international debut match was Common Wealth Wrestling Championship 2009 which made her win a Gold medal.
6) In the Common Wealth Games 2010, Geeta brought India’s first gold in women’s wrestling.
7) Again in World Wrestling Championship in 2012, Geeta managed to win the Bronze medal.
8) Geeta was the recipient of the Arjun Award in the year 2012.
9) Geeta held the position of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Haryana in October 2016.
10) On 20th November 2016, Geeta married a fellow wrestler Pawan Kumar.
We have provided another important set of 10 lines on Geeta Phogat which will help you to enhance your knowledge and thinking. Using this additional set you will be able to include additional points to your essays, speeches or paragraph recitation in your class. These lines will help you to make your writing look unique and interesting. Please go through the lines below and use both the set to enhance your writing:
1) Geeta was initially mentored by her father Mahavir Singh Phogat who has been a Dronacharya Awardees.
2) She was trained by her father along with her sister Babita Phogat who is also an International level wrestler.
3) Geeta is the first Indian female wrestler to qualify for the Olympics.
4) Geeta clinched a Bronze medal in the Asian Wrestling Championship in the year 2015.
5) Geeta has 3 sisters Babita, Sangita and Ritu and 1 brother Dushyanth.
6) Geeta’s cousins Vinesh Phogat and Priyanka Phogat are also famous wrestlers.
7) Her cousins were also brought up and trained by her father as her uncle has died earlier.
8) Geeta made a return victory in Common Wealth Wrestling Championship 2017 by winning gold.
9) The journey of Geeta Phogat is depicted in a popular Bollywood movie ‘Dangal’ featuring Fatima Sana Shaikh as Geeta.
10) Geeta was also a part of popular TV Show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi-Season 8’ in 2017.
Geeta has gone through many hurdles in her initial days. She belonged to a male dominating society, where wrestling for women was not considered to be good. Geeta had to wrestle with male wrestlers during that period for which she and her father were criticized by many people. Mahavir Singh had trust in Geeta and Geeta kept on her father’s dream with hard work and dedication. In spite of taking other’s opinions seriously, she only focused on her wrestling and improved. Now Geeta is a successful wrestler and she has paved the path of wrestling for other females in India.