Urbanisation around the globe has given rise to traffic mess in metro cities. Millions of people- pedestrians, riders, and vehicle passengers are getting killed and injured every year due to road accident. Road safety prevents the road crashes and also secures the individual life from death and injury.
Road safety refers to various traffic rules and guidelines that we need to follow while we are using the road. Road safety has become global concern for many countries and they are planning and implementing various methods to deal with the issue of accident and crashes.
Ten Lines on Road Safety in English
After reading the below lines you would come to know what is road safety all about, what is the importance of road safety, what are the road safety rules on the road, who all are responsible for road safety etc.
We have provided ten lines on road safety in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on road safety rules, giving speech on road safety, or few lines on road safety for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
10 Lines on Road Safety – Set 1
1) Road safety refers to the rules and measures which prevent us from the accident on road.
2) Road safety provides the guideline so that people won’t make mistakes while using road.
3) Every individual, especially children should be aware of road safety traffic rules.
4) Some of the basic road safety measures are following road signal, sticking to speed limit, wearing safety belt and being alert while using road.
5) Road safety makes pedestrians, cyclists, motorists and vehicle passengers safe while using road.
6) Negligence of road safety rules results in 45% of pedestrian deaths in road accident in India.
7) Road safety awareness among common public is being created through seminars and workshops.
8) Road safety lessons should be added in syllabus to educate students in schools.
9) The basic traffic rule for children is to stop, look, listen, think and then cross the road using zebra crossing.
10) Parents should teach their children about the road safety tips so that children can take care of themselves while using road.
Please find below the additional set of 10 sentences on road safety which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, and debates, group discussion, speech, paragraphs, articles, essay.
10 Lines on Road Safety – Set 2
1) As a responsible citizen we should obey the traffic rules, understand and follow signs and signals to avoid road disasters.
2) Being alert, patient and paying respect to other commuter’s rights on the roads are some of the road safety tips to follow while using road.
3) Road safety can also be improved by improving the design and structure of the roads and vehicles.
4) The road safety is being improved with technological innovation like smart traffic control which reduces chances of human error.
5) Traffic light signals and signs play huge role in preventing the major accidents as they are the important symbols of road safety.
6) The various types of signs which are used as road safety methods include warning signs, information signs, direction or indication sign etc.
7) Apart from traffic light signals, traffic police and officers also help in improving the road safety by giving direction to the public.
8) Many countries around the globe are using pictorial signs based on global protocols for road safety.
9) Many organisations like World Bank, IFRC (International Federation Of Red Cross) have formed partnership to unite civil agencies and private sector for resolving road safety crisis in developing nation.
10) In India many polices and laws like Motor Vehicle Bill 2016 have been implemented for vehicle regulation and road safety.
We are providing here a set of ten lines on road safety tips. This set will help you to understand better about following the rules and regulation while driving on the road. It will also help in your national Olympiad exams, quiz contests, extempore as well seminars based on road traffic and its rules and regulations.
After going through these lines, you will know that what is a traffic signal, what colours of lights a traffic signal includes, why should we use safety belt, why should we avoid receiving calls while driving, what is drunken driving, what is driving without proper sleep, why we should put our vehicles headlights on, what is carpool method, why to use pedestrian crossing etc.
10 Lines on Road Safety Tips – Set 3
1) We should always follow the traffic signals on the road where “Red” means “Stop” “Yellow” means “Get Ready” and “Green” means “Go”.
2) We should always wear safety belt while driving on the road because not wearing seat can put us in the risk of road accidents.
3) While driving we must keep our phone away from us; in case of emergency we should use Bluetooth device or pick our phone after parking the car.
4) We should always try to maintain the speed limits as increased speed of vehicle is sole reason of accidents.
5) Before driving, we should always clean our side and rear-view mirrors as these mirrors give a clear view about other vehicles on the road.
6) Don’t drink and drive on the road as drunken driving may put your life at risk.
7) If you have to drive during night then take proper sleep before driving as lack of sleep will put your life in danger.
8) Always switch on your car’s headlights at night as well as during day while changing direction on road.
9) If possible, try to adopt carpool method, a way where people share a car to commute which reduces traffic and pollution.
10) Always use pedestrian crossing while crossing the road and all the drivers must lower their speed if someone is crossing the road.
As per the survey of World health Organization almost 1.1 million people are killed in road accidents every year. The death rates are higher in developing nations like India. The government has launched many media campaigns for creating awareness among citizen and also have amended the motor vehicle bill for road safety.
As a responsible citizen it’s our duty to follow the traffic rules and regulations properly, in order to avoid accident or crashes while travelling on road.