Urbanization around the globe has given rise to the traffic mess in metro cities. Millions of people- pedestrians, riders, and vehicle passengers are getting killed and injured every year due to road accidents. Road safety prevents road crashes and also secures the individual life from death and injury. Road safety refers to various traffic rules and guidelines that we need to follow while we are using the road. Road safety has become a global concern for many countries and they are planning and implementing various methods to deal with the issue of accidents and crashes.
Ten Lines on Road Safety in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Road Safety in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. These lines will also help you to gain knowledge about this topic.
10 Lines on Road Safety
1) We all use the road to go here and there.
2) Road safety is very important for everyone.
3) It is necessary for us to follow road safety rules.
4) It will help us in safe walking and driving.
5) Road safety helps in reducing road accidents and deaths.
6) We must always follow the traffic signals.
7) We must never drive vehicles at a high speed.
8) We should play in parks, not on the streets.
9) It is important to look at both sides before crossing the road.
10) We should never use mobile phones while driving.
10 Lines and Sentences on Road Safety
1) Road safety is necessary when we are walking or driving on road.
2) We must always walk on the left side of the road.
3) We must pay attention to the traffic signals.
4) The red light means that we have to stop.
5) We must move only when the signal is green.
6) We should do maintenance of our vehicle and get it insured.
7) We must never run while crossing the road.
8) It is dangerous to get out of the moving vehicle.
9) It is necessary for us to know about the road sign and traffic signals.
10) The awareness on the road helps in saving the life many people.
5 Lines on Road Safety
1) Road safety is necessary to avoid accidents.
2) Always walk on the left side.
3) Do not run while crossing the road.
4) We should never violate traffic lights.
5) Always drive within the speed limit.
20 Lines on Road Safety
1) Road safety refers to the rules and measures which prevent us from the accident on road.
2) Road safety provides the guideline so that people won’t make mistakes while using the road.
3) Every individual, especially children should be aware of road safety traffic rules.
4) Some of the basic road safety measures are following road signals, sticking to the speed limit, wearing a safety belt and being alert while using the road.
5) Road safety makes pedestrians, cyclists, motorists and vehicle passengers safe while using the road.
6) The negligence of road safety rules results in 45% of pedestrian deaths in road accidents in India.
7) Road safety awareness among the common public is being created through seminars and workshops.
8) Road safety lessons should be added to the syllabus to educate students in schools.
9) The basic traffic rule for children is to stop, look, listen, think and then cross the road using the zebra crossing.
10) Parents should teach their children about road safety tips so that children can take care of themselves while using the road.
11) We should always follow the traffic signals on the road where “Red” means “Stop” “Yellow” means “Get Ready” and “Green” means “Go”.
12) We should always wear safety belt while driving on the road because not wearing seat can put us in the risk of road accidents.
13) While driving we must keep our phone away from us; in case of emergency we should use Bluetooth device or pick our phone after parking the car.
14) We should always try to maintain the speed limits as increased speed of vehicle is sole reason of accidents.
15) Before driving, we should always clean our side and rear-view mirrors as these mirrors give a clear view about other vehicles on the road.
16) Don’t drink and drive on the road as drunken driving may put your life at risk.
17) If you have to drive during night then take proper sleep before driving as lack of sleep will put your life in danger.
18) Always switch on your car’s headlights at night as well as during day while changing direction on road.
19) If possible, try to adopt carpool method, a way where people share a car to commute which reduces traffic and pollution.
20) Always use pedestrian crossing while crossing the road and all the drivers must lower their speed if someone is crossing the road.
As per the survey of the World Health Organization almost 1.1 million people are killed in road accidents every year. The death rates are higher in developing nations like India. The government has launched many media campaigns for creating awareness among citizens and also have amended the motor vehicle bill for road safety.
As a responsible citizen, it’s our duty to follow the traffic rules and regulations properly, in order to avoid accidents or crashes while traveling on road.