In the world’s largest democracy India, people from different religions, castes, culture and tradition live together in harmony and peace. India is sovereign state and our constitution has provided certain fundamental rights to the citizens ensuring a sense of security and freedom.
As a responsible citizen we have to contribute towards nation building by performing our duties in rightful manner. Many issues that we are facing today for example corruption and pollution can be eliminated if we are following fundamental duties in day to day life and are vocal about our constitutional rights in society.
Ten Lines on Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens in English
After reading the below lines you would come to know what are the rights and responsibilities of citizens in India, what are their significance, what role do they play in nation building etc.
We have provided ten lines on rights and responsibilities of citizens in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on rights and responsibilities of citizens towards nation, giving speech on rights and responsibilities of citizens in democracy, or few lines on rights and responsibilities of citizens for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4, class 5, class 6.
10 Lines on Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens – 1
1) Rights and responsibilities refer to the fundamental principles that govern our society.
2) Rights and responsibilities are the duties of every citizen inter related to each other.
3) Every state provides fundamental civil rights to citizens which are the pillars of society and culture.
4) As a citizen of India every individual has certain set of responsibilities or duties towards the nation.
5) Some of the basic responsibilities are to respect each other, be honest, and have sense of patriotism for nation.
6) Our Indian constitution has given us six fundamental rights in order to provide us liberty, equality and security of life.
7) The six rights are right to equality, freedom, religion, culture and education, right against exploitation and constitutional remedies.
8) Rights and responsibilities give us sense of ownership for the society and nation.
9) As a responsible citizen we should follow laws and regulation, pay our taxes regularly and utilize the natural resources carefully.
10) Rights and responsibilities ensure the peace, prosperity and progress of our nation India in long term.
Please find below the additional set of 10 sentences on rights and responsibilities of citizens which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, and debates, group discussion, speech, paragraphs, articles, essay.
10 Lines on Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens – 2
1) Fundamental rights and responsibilities help individuals in developing their personality and confidence.
2) Apart from basic rights and responsibilities we have certain duties towards India as a nation as per our constitution.
3) As an Indian citizen we should respect our national flag and national anthem.
4) We must protect and safeguard the unity and integrity of our nation by maintaining peace and harmony in society.
5) We should obey the laws of the land and should always be ready to defend our nation.
6) As a responsible citizen, we should protect national as well as public property example railways, schools, historical buildings and forests.
7) We should respect the rights of other individuals, be compassionate and volunteer for community programs in the society.
8) The condition of society either good or bad is always dependent on our civil rights.
9) Rights and responsibilities of good citizen helps in preventing the government from dictatorship rule.
10) All the citizens should be aware of their fundamental rights mentioned in the constitution so as to protect themselves from exploitation.
Rights and responsibilities play very crucial role in the welfare of our society and nation. As Indian citizens we are solely responsible for the development of our country as we have certain duties to fill towards our society. If we only follow our fundamental duties, we would surely be making India a great nation.