Red Fort is the most amazing piece of Mughal architecture and is famous tourist destination in India. The place which has been declared as world heritage site by UNESCO in 2007 attracts millions of tourists every year.
Red Fort is located at the bank of river Yamuna in New Delhi. Red Fort which has been the centre of many political events in the history of India is one of the famous architectural master pieces like Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid and Jantar Mantar in India.
Ten Lines on Red Fort in English
After reading the below lines you would come to know who built Red Fort, what are the unique features of Red Fort, when is the best time to visit Red Fort, Why is Red Fort famous in India, What is the significance of Red Fort etc.
We have provided ten lines on Red Fort in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on Red Fort, giving speech on Red Fort, or few lines on Red Fort for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
10 Lines on Red Fort – 1
1) Red Fort was built by Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan in New Delhi, India in the year 1648.
2) Red Fort is one of the famous historical monuments in India.
3) Red Fort is popularly known as Lal Quila in Hindi.
4) The walls of Red Fort are built using 30 metre high red sandstones and marbles.
5) Red Fort has total length of around 912 metres and total breadth of 510 metres approx.
6) Red Fort is located at the bank of Yamuna River in New Delhi, India.
7) Red Fort has been listed to the UNESCO’s World heritage site.
8) Red fort has a museum, Rang Mahal, Diwan-e-khas and other beautiful structures within it.
9) Red Fort has been glory of India for many years because of its skilled architectures.
10) Prime Minister of India hoists national flag at red fort every year on Independence Day.
Please find below the additional set of 10 sentences on Red Fort which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, speech paragraphs, articles, and essay.
10 Lines on Red Fort – 2
1) Red fort is one of the attractive destinations for tourists around the globe.
2) Red fort is built during Mughal era after lot of planning by the skilled professionals setting an example of architecture master piece.
3) The roofs and walls of structures within Red Fort like Diwan-e-am and khas are built using gems, stones and decorative silver linings.
4) Red Fort opens every day of the week from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, except on Mondays.
5) The best time to visit Red Fort is during October to February as weather in Delhi remains cool and pleasant during these months.
6) The light and sound show is being organized at Red Fort daily except Monday for tourists, post 6 pm in evening.
7) Millions Of students and researchers visit Red fort because of its architectural and historical significance in India.
8) The Red Fort is surrounded by famous historical monuments like Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb and India Gate.
9) It took almost around 10 years to build Red Fort. The construction started in 1638 and got over in 1648.
10) Government from time to time allocate budget for preserving the historical asset of India, Red Fort.
Red Fort is historically very significant monument. Tourists especially students and researchers from all around the world visit this place in large numbers to learn the significance of beautiful monument in Indian history.