The Nobel Prize is one of the most prestigious awards in the world. It is a series of international awards that are presented for one’s unusual achievement in some selected fields. The Nobel Prize winner is called laureate and he is highly respected worldwide. The great scientist Alfred Noble, especially known for the invention of dynamite, had a strange habit of writing his wills. His last will stated that he wanted his fortune to be used to create a series of awards to present to those who have served mankind through their works.
Ten Lines on Nobel Prize
Set - 1
1) Noble Prize is the most respectable award in the sector of science and peace.
2) It is a set of five different awards.
3) The first Noble Prize was awarded to Swiss Jean Henry Dunant.
4) The Noble Prize is conferred by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
5) It is given to people for their distinguished achievements in the world.
6) The award is given in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Physiology/Medicine, Literature, and Peace.
7) The distribution of Nobel Prizes started in the year 1901.
8) The sixth award in Noble prize has been added in the year 1969.
9) It was named as Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences.
10) 962 people in the world have been awarded Noble Prize till 2020.
Set - 2
1) Nobel Prize is an honor that has been developed in Sweden.
2) He was Alfred B. Nobel who invented Nobel Prize.
3) He was a famous engineer, chemist, and industrialist in Sweden.
4) He had given all his funds for the initiation of the Nobel Prize.
5) The noble foundation was formed after his death to carry this work.
6) Noble Prize for the first time came into existence in 1901.
7) The Nobel Prize distribution ceremony is held every year.
8) ‘Nobel Laureates’ is the name given to people awarded with Noble Prize.
9) Nobel Prize is not awarded to people after death.
10) A gold medal, diploma, and monetary award are given to the Noble Prize winner.
1) The Nobel Prizes are being awarded since 1901 in the memory of famous inventor and industrialist Alfred Nobel.
2) The award is presented for distinguished achievement in six different fields Physics, Chemistry, Physiology (Medicine), Literature, Peace and Economic Sciences.
3) The Nobel Prizes are distributed every year on 10th of December, the death anniversary of Alfred Nobel.
4) The Nobel Peace Prize is presented in Oslo (Norway), while the rest of the Prizes in Stockholm (Sweden) on the same day.
5) The Prizes in the Stockholm are handed by the King of Sweden while in the Oslo are handed by the king of Norway or in his presence.
6) According to the rule, every Nobel laureate has to deliver a public speech on the subject of their Nobel Prize.
7) The laureate is awarded a Gold Medal, a diploma and a sum of money in the ceremonial programme.
8) The amount is awarded in the form of a document confirming the prize money.
9) The Nobel Prizes do not have the provision of awarding one posthumously.
10) The Nobel Committee and Prize Awarding Institutions work jointly for the successful operation of Nobel Prizes.
1) The Nobel Prizes were initially distributed in only 5 fields and the first Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences was given in 1969.
2) The Nobel Prizes are administered by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm.
3) If someone is nominated for Nobel Prize but dies before receiving it then he will be awarded posthumously.
4) An Organization containing more than three persons can also be awarded Nobel Prize.
5) One can be awarded a Nobel Prize for more than one time.
6) The committee creates a certain number of forms for nomination and distributes them in the month of September of the year before the year of prize distribution.
7) These forms are submitted before the 31st January of the year of Prize Distribution.
8) A maximum of three people can be selected for each category of Nobel Prize.
9) The awards for the Physics, Chemistry and Physiology (Medicine) are considered only when the achievement of the laureate is widely accepted.
10) The diploma of the Nobel Prize is specially designed for the laureate stating his name and his work for which he is being recognized.
Nobel Prize is an international award that serves everyone fairly irrespective to any kind of caste, religion, region, colour, and other difference. Mahatma Gandhi was also nominated for Nobel Prize five times. Marie Curie was the first female Nobel laureate. She was awarded in 1906 in physics.
Also Marie Curie and her husband Pierre Curie were the first husband and wife to be awarded with Nobel Prize. Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani activist who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 and became the youngest Nobel laureate till the date (2018). We hope that now you have accessed considerable information about The Nobel Prize. It will help you in many fields. Thank you.