Kalidas is one of the greatest poets of ancient India. His works reflect his knowledge. Reading about him is a matter of honour for all human beings, especially for those who are Indians. You can read about him through some sets of 10 lines on Kalidas that we have created below. You should check them right now.
Ten Lines on Kalidas
Set – 1
1) Kalidas was an ancient Indian literary person.
2) There is a lack of information about his exact date of birth.
3) He has probably been in the era of the 4th and 5th century.
4) He had deeply read the two epics Ramayan, Mahabharat, and also other Puranas.
5) Kalidas had a deep knowledge of the Sanskrit language.
6) Kalidasa's name is mentioned in the Harshcharit of Banabhatta.
7) He had married a princess Vidyottama.
8) The first literary work of Kalidas was a story named ‘Malavikagnimitram’.
9) Some of his other notable works are Meghadut, Kumarasambhava, and Ritusamhara, etc.
10) His death is still a mystery and a point to research on.
Set – 2
1) Kalidas was a famous poet and writer of the Gupta Empire.
2) He was a great devotee of goddess Kali.
3) He was one of the nine gems in the court of King Vikramaditya.
4) His second literary work ‘AbhigyanShakuntalam’ provided him fame worldwide.
5) The ancient poet ‘Banbhatt’ had appreciated Kalidas in many of his works.
6) There is a total of seven works of Kalidas accepted by the entire world.
7) Abhigyan Shakuntalam, Vikramorvashiyam and Malavikagnimitram are the three dramas of Kalidas.
8) Raghuvansham and Kumarasambhava are his two epics.
9) He used Sanskrit grammar very efficiently in all his works.
10) A drama by Mohan Rakesh ‘AshadhKaEk Din’ depicts the story of the life of Kalidas.
Kalidasa's compositions testify to his deep knowledge of Sanskrit. In fact, his knowledge was the result of his disrespect by his wife Vidyottama. He also gave his fame to his wife, without whom all this could not be possible.